One for FWL - Quantum Physics

SO!!! That's why they called me "Fathead" at boarding school!!!!

You've just cleared up a niggle I've had since leaving school..Thanks!!

Also explains why my forehead is all bloated....

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
And here's me thinking that was from banging your head against a brick wall as light relief from trying to explain IP ratings and bathroom zones to people who just think you're a t*at...

It does get a little bit like that. Try explaining all the guff to a guy in his 80's whose house hasn't been touched since it was built in the 20's who just wants his old bathroom light replacing with a batten lampholder. He's not interested in zones....

securespark said:
It does get a little bit like that. Try explaining all the guff to a guy in his 80's whose house hasn't been touched since it was built in the 20's who just wants his old bathroom light replacing with a batten lampholder. He's not interested in zones....

Where do you draw the line??? If he just wanted a new bulb putting in (obviously you wouldn't get called in for just that) would you not be able to comply? if the installation was sub (todays) standards??

With so many programmes like 'House of horrors' showing rogue tradesman ripping off people, it would be nice if there was a programme showing real professionals and how they have to carry out further work in order to bring installations within current regs. All to often (I suspect), people will go for the 'cheaper' quote because they don't want to be 'ripped off' and the cheaper guy isn't going to ensure the installation meets req'd spec.

Going back to the old bloke, he's lived through a world war, rationing and gas lighting... So earth bonding and IP ratings are gonna be the last of his worries!

Sponsored Links
howmanysmaritescanigesinmygob theory well i got my practical in 10 mins i will let you know ok

That all? I got 194 last time I tried. However, that was in 1987!!!!

securespark said:
That all? I got 194 last time I tried. However, that was in 1987!!!!

That is no surprise, try using both sides next time, oh, and on top of the tongue too !!

P

PS. Was that a ceiling boarding school ? Makes you a qualified 'tacker' then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back