Outdoor Heated Pool.

IMG_20210613_182005164_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210625_130454977_HDR.jpg

Bestway 56709 Steel Pro Deluxe 12 Feet Pool

Intex filter pump

4kw heat pump

Pool was 30 degrees in the sunny weather we had.

Don't know about running costs yet, it's for the kids mostly instead of a summer holiday

Sponsored Links
We work for a good few people with pools

done heating on 4 pools

3 gas heated

1 oil heated which is an indoor pool

also worked at a place were they had a pool I was mooching around and noted that there were some thing like 40 black 5 gallon drums / containers around the pool ???

bloke and his missis used to get up in the morning in the summer fill all the drums up leave en in the sun and than tip em back into the pool :confused::confused:

u could give that a go :ROFLMAO:

Bestway 56709 Steel Pro Deluxe 12 Feet Pool

Intex filter pump

4kw heat pump

Pool was 30 degrees in the sunny weather we had.

Don't know about running costs yet, it's for the kids mostly instead of a summer holiday

Yeah, I followed your thread... useful. I wasn't going to be destitute at that point, but here I am lol.

Just saw this recommendation - "solar pool heater"

Seems a lot of money for what is essentially a normal hose but in black

Also looks really small - surely if you're going to do this you should go large, like these flat ones? Although, how well do they really work? On a cold night they would probably cause more heat loss than normal.

Sponsored Links
I think gadgets like that are a complete waste of money.
They rely solely on heat from sunlight so if it's a hazy day they will not do any good, despite what the makers claim.

I think gadgets like that are a complete waste of money.
They rely solely on heat from sunlight so if it's a hazy day they will not do any good, despite what the makers claim.

Have a look. Someone else made one in UK, and actually uses it effectively as a booster heater. He uses a secondary submersible pump- chucks it in the pool, pumps through the coils and back in. He wrote...

"Two days of hot sun will have the water up to the temperature of a warm bath."

As I said, it relies on sunlight so hazy days, which we can have many of, will not be as effective and certainly no use in early spring.
I'm not saying people shouldn't buy them, but be prepared to have a secondary back up system.

I'm not saying people shouldn't buy them, but be prepared to
..freeze yer nuts off! :LOL: My mates one in Sardinia isn’t heated and it takes a while into the season before it is what I would call 'comfortable'. Kids don’t seem to mind though.

Last year my kids jumped in the pool as soon as it was filled. Nuts. We had friends over and one girls lip was shaking, looked like she was going blue at one point (she's very skinny), but she still jumped in for more fun. Kids are mad and usually invincible.

30 degrees is a nice temperature. Anything below and it's a bit nippy.

Sponsored Links
Back