Replacing lightswitch

What I called the single red, is the red wire that comes from the same cable as the blue and yellow.

Is that the one you have taped?
Done it and all working as it should be. Really appreciate the help. Thank you.

The only thing that I find a bit shady with the British General sockets is the fixing screws. One of them threaded when I was trying to put the socket plate on and it was a nightmare to get out. Ended up scratching the new metal plate and also ended up having to use the old rusty screws for now from the old plate.

It'll do for now, but at least I know how to do it now if I do end up getting another identical replacement.

Sponsored Links
Done it and all working as it should be. Really appreciate the help. Thank you.

The only thing that I find a bit shady with the British General sockets is the fixing screws. One of them threaded when I was trying to put the socket plate on and it was a nightmare to get out. Ended up scratching the new metal plate and also ended up having to use the old rusty screws for now from the old plate.

It'll do for now, but at least I know how to do it now if I do end up getting another identical replacement.
Well done and thank you for letting us know it's resolved.(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back