Sage coffee machine

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Some people use scales to measure the coffee. Personally I leave my grind and quantity fixed and usually it works fine. I have a large coffee cup which I do a double espresso holding the button for about 4 seconds to get a long shot. I then heat the milk to 3 bars using the steam nozzle. You can experiment to get fine bubble as per your taste. You need to get in the habit of steaming after it’s used to keep the spout clean and wipe everything as you go. It could do with a larger jug so that you can make two at the same time.

Sponsored Links
I think these bean to cup machines are known to suffer breakdowns -they are extremely complicated
This is what's making me think about the one the fella above is talking about. (More so the one down from this)

I think whst you say is true they can be very complicated.

We have an Aeropress and a Gaggia classic which is basic but makes a nice coffee. And we get beans from rave.

My coffee machine.......

61UACEzVC-L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sage Barista is a very good machine.

The grinder is good, and the machine simple to operate... you are able to pull proper espressos on it with good crema, the milk wand for cappuccino/lattes etc is also good.

You won't find a better machine for the money.

Breville have release one that is identical is features and looks like the sage, I've used this and it's very plastic-y and lightweight, feels like it will break.

FIL has a sage and it's been working fine for the last 4/5 years.

Forgot to say, some of the dearer machines, may be double boiler, one for coffee one for milk.
To the man in the street, you don't need this, single boiler version is more than adequate.

No problem. Bod's a man's man. He nerver reads the instructions. ;)

Lol. are you trying to turn my Coffee thread into a gender thread Roy?

I wouldnt confess to being a Mans Man, thats more your Danny Dyer West Ham fan sort of man.
I wouldn't Say Im a Ladies man, thats more your Russle Brand West Ham fan sort of man.
Closest thing I would describe my self as is a Peoples man, but then Im not when Im moody.

How about you Roy?
Are you a Mans Man?
A Ladies Man?
Or are you Lady boy sort of man (Still attched)?
Or are you a Man that describes himself as a Woman but Still attched?
Or are you a Man that describes himself as a Woman thats not attched?
Or would you just describe yourself as "Other"

No Need to answer Roy, lets just try to keep on the Coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just needs a descale every 6 months - machine tells you when to do it and if you don’t, it goes into sulk mode and refuses to play ball to protect itself from scaling up.
Just got the message - descaling it now before it locks me out. I hate being told what to do, especially by a ****ing machine!

Mind you, just like the McDonald's advert where people like getting their moneys worth, after I've descaled the coffee machine, I tip the contents into the kettle to descale that and then when that’s done, it goes into the basin in the downstairs kharsi and makes its way into the macerator and descales that too. :cool:

IMG_1928.jpeg
IMG_1929.jpeg

Last edited:
If you run the cycle how will it know you didn’t put the powder/tablet in ?

If you run the cycle how will it know you didn’t put the powder/tablet in ?
It won’t, but it will scale up. You can see the cloudy colour of the water that comes out on the descaling cycle which is (I presume ) dissolved limescale.

Sponsored Links
Back