Sage coffee machine

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
We have a De'Longhi. Couldn't tell you the model because we've had it about 7 years and still works a treat. Does the usual, latte, cappuccino, Americano, flat something or other, and one or two others. As we both prefer latte, that setting gets the most use, though occasionally I might have a cappuccino. Heat the milk in a separate milk heater and it heats it to just the right temperature. Not scalding hot and certainly not lukewarm.
We used to use Lavalla(?), but now working our way through Taylors strengths. On number 3 now, which is mid range and quite nice.

@Mottie, so you don't care that pods are a very large contribution to the pollution problem? They can only be recycled at certain places and most manufacturers will only recycle their own brand. Also, someone in work once made me one with a pod and I didn't like the taste. He made it upstairs in the staff room so I didn't see him do it, but knew instantly it wasn't beans or granules.

Sponsored Links
@Mottie, so you don't care that pods are a very large contribution to the pollution problem?
Nope. Not one bit. I don’t even think about it.

Edit: Now having quickly looked it up, I see there is a school of thought that they are not as bad as some people think.

Last edited:
Nope. Not one bit. I don’t even think about it. Sorry but having looked it up, there is a school of thought that they are not as bad as some people think.

That's interesting.
I clean my used pods out. I put the coffee into the compost and the plasic pod into the recycling bin.
I also have a re-usable stainless steel pod to save on the plastic waste.

Sponsored Links
What size jug are you using, I don’t find the wand a problem if you are using a smaller metal jug… I don’t like using a mug.

The sage can produce good micro foam, but it takes practise.

As Notch had said, Rave coffee is good, fresh beans make a difference, and grind when you need them, not having ground coffee sat around.
I have the proper Sage jug.
Find it a faff

I think that jug is a bit large for one drink, if you are making two, it’s ok.

Latte art is easier with a longer wand, so is trickier with the sage.

I’ve never bothered with the temp gauge, if the jug bottom is getting too hot to touch, then your are done.

Fill it 1/3rd with milk, and tilt it so that the nozzle barely touches the liquid. The art is in the poor...

I have the proper Sage jug.
It has a minimum and maximum mark. Minimum is 140ml, max mark is 220ml. I’ve just made myself a flat white with the milk temperature set to 'very hot' and the froth set to maximum. This is how much milk froth you get from 140ml of milk on those settings.

IMG_2010.jpeg

Latte art is easier with a longer wand, so is trickier with the sage.

I’ve never bothered with the temp gauge, if the jug bottom is getting too hot to touch, then your are done.
Different drinks required different temperatures so I'd need the jug

Fill it 1/3rd with milk, and tilt it so that the nozzle barely touches the liquid. The art is in the poor...

I went on a coffee roasters barista workshop
Frothing the milk was ok, when pouring it into the cup, I was so focused that did not realise I was pouring the milk onto the floor too

@Mottie, so you don't care that pods are a very large contribution to the pollution problem? They can only be recycled at certain places and most manufacturers will only recycle their own brand.
You can rest easy now Conny. From next week, our local council has a new waste collector who will be collecting our recyclables including coffee pods! Previously they only collected paper and some plastics.

IMG_5563.jpeg

Just can't make my mind up if I want a hobby or a decent easy cup of coffee.

If I'm up 4 in the morning for a London job I don't want to fuff around but also like the idea of producing the perfect coffee with art.

Sponsored Links
Back