Sage coffee machine

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
We have an Aeropress and a Gaggia classic which is basic but makes a nice coffee. And we get beans from rave.
I like Rave beans, I tend to buy their blends: Italian job, signature blend and Fudge blend being my favourites

I started with an Aeropress, but now have a Fracino Cherub -it’s an old semi automatic mc so can’t be arzed during the week

Sponsored Links
Just got the message - descaling it now before it locks me out. I hate being told what to do, especially by a ****ing machine
My Dualit milk steamer does that -it’s orange warning has come on this week, so it won’t be long before it locks me out….winds me right up

Sponsored Links
First world problems?
artisan coffee roasters often source from poor / 3rd world countries; Ethiopia, Costa, Sumatra, Guatemala etc

So first world problems help support 3rd world economies….although I doubt they get paid much

Mine is Barista Express bean to cup. Had it a few years, would get another. Steam wand is useless, we just heat the milk in the microwave as we like the coffee hot.

Is it complicated?
No. Plenty info on the net.
Grind amount and fine ness once set should push the meter hand to about 12.00
Bean freshness plays a part
As does the elevation the bean comes from
M&S coffee beans are good
i was buying large bags of bean, now smaller packers that cost £4 or £5.00
Starbucks Gold blend bean on the Sage produced far better coffee than shop browed.

Mine is Barista Express bean to cup. Had it a few years, would get another. Steam wand is useless, we just heat the milk in the microwave as we like the coffee hot.
have you tried taking it apart and cleaning it Or running some wire up through the nozzle? Its easy to get it blocked with "cheese".

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
All these different blends of beans in the supermarket yet if you go into Costa/ Starbucks/café Nero etc, they use just one type of blend for every coffee. I think it’s more the process than the bean that gives the flavour.
I’ve given up buying different blends of bean capsules for my Nespresso machine and after trying many different non-Nespessso pods, I’ve settled on the Lidl Arabica ones for my ristretto, espresso, lungo, flat white, latte, cappuccino, macchiato etc etc £2.69 for 20.

IMG_5506.jpeg

artisan coffee roasters often source from poor / 3rd world countries; Ethiopia, Costa, Sumatra, Guatemala etc

So first world problems help support 3rd world economies….although I doubt they get paid much

Notchy.... AKA "The Mood Hoover" :D

have you tried taking it apart and cleaning it Or running some wire up through the nozzle? Its easy to get it blocked with "cheese".
Use tha nozzle couple of times. It starts spraying water, then steam. was Not impressed, easier with microwave option.

Someone said roasters source cheap coffee bean. Some that I have bought over the years were damn fine coffee bean.

Can anyone make a leaf art with the milk? Mine look like palm leaves at best.

Use tha nozzle couple of times. It starts spraying water, then steam. was Not impressed, easier with microwave option.

Someone said roasters source cheap coffee bean. Some that I have bought over the years were damn fine coffee bean.
What size jug are you using, I don’t find the wand a problem if you are using a smaller metal jug… I don’t like using a mug.

The sage can produce good micro foam, but it takes practise.

As Notch had said, Rave coffee is good, fresh beans make a difference, and grind when you need them, not having ground coffee sat around.

Can anyone make a leaf art with the milk? Mine look like palm leaves at best.
I’m going to have to learn - I had this leaf art this morning from a coffee kiosk near Stratford International station. I didn’t even see him do it.

IMG_2002.jpeg

Last edited:
What size jug are you using, I don’t find the wand a problem if you are using a smaller metal jug… I don’t like using a mug.
My Sage machine says you have to use the metal jug. If you look where the jug stands, there is a temperature sensor that will only work with the metal jug and not a cup.

Sponsored Links
Back