School bans parents

At least you must accept that if posters make clumsy attempts with sarcastic exaggeration, they should expect to be pilloried. ("Pilloried": an intentional 'clumsy attempt at sarcastic exaggeration' but also a figure of speech.

No.

A sensible person would either ignore the clumsiness if it doesnt add to the discussion.

Or they would provide a worthwhile response.

Somebody quoting:
implement martial law.
Is just point scoring.

As you no doubt know :D:D

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: That is the problem deliberate mis-quoting by JD & way har bee its an obsession with em ;)

(way har bee ?? sensible :LOL:)

No.

A sensible person would either ignore the clumsiness if it doesnt add to the discussion.

Or they would provide a worthwhile response.

Somebody quoting:

Is just point scoring.

As you no doubt know :D:D
A sensible person would not use clumsy exaggeration and straw man arguments. It does not add to the argument. It reduces it to ridiculous comments.
If another poster tries to defend and justify that 'clumsy exaggeration and straw man arguments' they also deserve to be pilloried.
JohnD's quoting out of context gets more ridiculous every day :):):):):)
Its actually slightly amusing sometimes.......pointless though :mrgreen:
Notch's support and attempts at justification for clumsy exaggeration and straw man arguments gets more ridiculous every day.
Not amusing but pointless though.
Perhaps, as you realise, or ought to.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: ?? listen up way har bee the post is about schools in the UK . Not mad draser's in the UK.

afaik this is still the .U.K not U.K.a stahn ;):):)

:rolleyes: ?? listen up way har bee the post is about schools in the UK . Not mad draser's in the UK.

afaik this is still the .U.K not U.K.a stahn ;):):)
It looks like *** end just got in from a drunken night at the boozer. He is reduced to talking gibberish again.
It is usually for drunkards to assume that everyone else is also drunk and find gibberish funny.

Posting:

"implements martial law"

Is this:
It does not add to the argument. It reduces it to ridiculous comments.

And this:
It does not add to the argument.

Notch's support and attempts at justification for clumsy exaggeration and straw man arguments
I did no such thing, I merely pointed out that quoting just 3 words and elarging the text, is point scoring not productive.:D

Meanwhile your support and justification for doing that becomes more ridiculous every day. Perhaps as you realise, or ought to! :):):)

let's hear the rational and sensible reason for Judy's martial law claim.

Or maybe it's just an insane rant by judy.

Sounds more likely.

Notch's support and attempts at justification for clumsy exaggeration and straw man arguments gets more ridiculous every day.
I did no such thing,
You sure fooled me, and probably everyone else.
For instance:
Michael Gove apologises for 'clumsy' Weinstein joke on Today....
Mr Gove's apology comes after he was widely criticised for the comments, with Labour MP Jess Phillips saying the remarks were undignified and Lib Dem's Jo Swinson accusing him of trivialising sexual assault.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41787710
Now if I started criticising Jess Phillips and Jo Swinson for their comments about Michael Gove, everyone including you, would understandably construe it as support and defense of Michael Gove's clumsy attempt at humour.

It is identical to what you did: you criticised John for highlighting and commenting on Judith's clumsy exaggeration and straw man argument.
No doubt you will come back with a "where did I say I supported Judith's comment?"
You did not need to, your attitude speaks volumes.

Last edited:
let's hear the rational and sensible reason for Judy's martial law claim.

Or maybe it's just an insane rant by judy.

Sounds more likely.

Why dont you share with us how quoting "implements martial law" has any rational and sensible point. :):):)

Why dont you share with us how quoting "implements martial law" has any rational and sensible point. :):):)
The original statement by judith was not rational or sensible and deserved derision. Similarly, your support for someone who makes irrational and nonsensical comments deserves derision.

Sponsored Links
Back