Slavery Reparations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A report has been published which has calculated the amount the UK should pay

A mere £18.8 trillion

Seems a perfectly affordable amount

Sponsored Links
Pass it to Africa and many other countries that were taking slaves before the UK, after the UK and are still taking them.

Then when they have filled the hat we can pass it to those that are not slaves.

First stop for the hat should be the royal family...

They profited for centuries from the slave trade...

And still do today in the UK, albeit in different ways!

Sponsored Links
What did the Scandinavians ever do for us?

What did the Scandinavians ever do for us?
Write down the history of britain when it was an illiterate country...

But come to think of it many britons are still illiterate many centuries on!

So we owe £18.8 Trillion... now take the value that Great Britain has brought to the Planet in terms of inventions, advancements, industry, science, law, medicine, evolution, education, politics, physics, etc, etc,..... all things that have vastly improved the lives of billions of people and not saying that mistakes weren't made but it is the same for almost every country in the world that they got where they are by less than ethical means. You could argue either way from now to eternity but Great Britain has paid it's dues in my eyes.

But come to think of it many britons are still illiterate many centuries on!
Now it was only the other day when I tried to teach you about the correct use of capital letters - you're just not getting it, are you? A comma wouldn’t go amiss in that sentence of yours either. Thank God you’re not involved in education in any way.

I really think we should move on, there should be no reparations

if money if going to be found, we should put it towards solving modern slavery, or to helping refugees coming here

Groups that advocate for reparations almost never seek only money … The social, the political and the economic are bound together and must be addressed together, creating the possibility of a better world.
The term “restorative justice”, which I use interchangeably with “reparations”, is usually associated with the legal system, as a method of dealing with crime. It prioritises repairing the harms suffered by the victim of an offence rather than punishing the perpetrator. It also seeks to understand the issues that caused the offence to happen.

When it comes to addressing the harms of slavery and colonialism, “restorative justice” is often a more palatable term than “reparations”. Perhaps the latter seems coldly transactional, nothing more than a transfer of cash, whereas “restorative justice” implies collaboration and healing.

Sponsored Links
Back