Slugs escaping from home made trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hi

I followed advice on tinternet in making home made slug trap. (Used the yeast, flour and sugar solution method) The trap attracts many slugs, but they just go in, feed on the mixture and then leave. I can see them going in but none there in the morning.

I’ve obviously put too much of the mixture in so they can just feed, risk free. It’s a toss up between having enough for them to drown v this situation. I’m using the plastic bottle method as per photo.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5574.jpeg
    IMG_5574.jpeg
    391.9 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
I just used an old yoghurt pot with cheap beer and they fall in and drown. I couldn't tell you what proportion do, could be 1%, could be 50%, but I see enough of them in it to think "heh, that was pretty effective".
I would think that yeast + flour + water would end up being very similar to beer so don't think that accounts for the difference.

Thanks. I think the battle is won and lost on the level of liquid. I try same bottle, with less mixture and see what gives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back