Some people are just horrible

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Took ages for me to get to work this morning, even on my bike, as the A13 was closed off due to some piece of shît doing a runner from the police when asked to stop. Everything going into London was diverted to the backstreets of Barking and Dagenham so it was total gridlock. It was still closed off when I came home. An innocent woman lost her life when they crashed into a car that she was a passenger in so somewhere tonight someone will never be seeing their wife/mother/daughter/sister. What a terrible waste of life. Makes me mad.

Interesting you should say that - saw an item on BBCNews talking about drivers regard towards cyclists and in a questionnaire 1 in 4 drivers admit driving too close to bike riders on purpose.

When I'm cycling most drivers are fine, but there's a sizeable minority who give very little consideration. It's a size thing, and the mentality seems to be that you can be almost nudged into the kerb by vehicles. They will also very rarely give way to cyclists, even when the cyclist has right of way. Many drivers use their large vehicles to intimidate cyclists. If you listen to drivers banging on about cyclists you would think all drivers are perfect. See it very often, but I'm careful to be considerate to cyclists when I'm the one driving a car. It's good to see the problems from both sides.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Took ages for me to get to work this morning, even on my bike, as the A13 was closed off due to some piece of shît doing a runner from the police when asked to stop. Everything going into London was diverted to the backstreets of Barking and Dagenham so it was total gridlock. It was still closed off when I came home. An innocent woman lost her life when they crashed into a car that she was a passenger in so somewhere tonight someone will never be seeing their wife/mother/daughter/sister. What a terrible waste of life. Makes me mad.

Horrible fùckers. I hope they do 30 years.

When I'm cycling most drivers are fine, but there's a sizeable minority who give very little consideration. It's a size thing, and the mentality seems to be that you can be almost nudged into the kerb by vehicles. They will also very rarely give way to cyclists, even when the cyclist has right of way. Many drivers use their large vehicles to intimidate cyclists. If you listen to drivers banging on about cyclists you would think all drivers are perfect. See it very often, but I'm careful to be considerate to cyclists when I'm the one driving a car. It's good to see the problems from both sides.
There was a news item in the Times a week or two ago where a five year old, out with his dad was overtaking a parked lorry on a side street and an oncoming car went past him too closely rather than waiting for his little legs to carry him safely through the gap.
All he had to do was wait a moment.
Some people are just...:censored:

There was a news item in the Times a week or two ago where a five year old, out with his dad was overtaking a parked lorry on a side street and an oncoming car went past him too closely rather than waiting for his little legs to carry him safely through the gap.

Was he OK?

Was he OK?
yeah, no damage done, though you could see how close the car was from the pic taken by the dad's body-cam.
Seriously, how urgent is the commute to work when a few seconds would've allowed the kid to pass safely through.
Ignorant wazzock.

yeah, no damage done, though you could see how close the car was from the pic taken by the dad's body-cam.
Seriously, how urgent is the commute to work when a few seconds would've allowed the kid to pass safely through.
Ignorant wazzock.

If I travel into London with my mate the main convention is bad driving. I enjoy a gentle journey into work and a moan about other drivers.

Happy he's ok

Wouldn't surprise me. I've had cars almost brushing the side of me when they try to squeeze through rather than wait a few secs. Then there's the idiots coming from behind me who want to turn left into a side road and cut in front of me rather than wait for me to pass the entrance to the side road. Part of the reason for leaving a gap is because cyclists sometimes have to suddenly move out into the road a bit, eg. to avoid sunken drain covers in gutter or people who open their car doors without looking.

Plenty of idiot cyclists as well. Seems no end of them wanting to test out Darwinism - riding around at night in dark clothing and no lights. No doubt it will be the unfortunate motorist's fault if they run into them. Another one is kamikaze cyclists regularly going through red traffic/pelican lights. I'm not perfect, I ride on pavements sometimes, but only on busy main roads where there are wide pavements and few pedestrians. If I see a pedestrian I always slow down and give them a wide berth, especially if approaching from behind.

Not sure today's main roads are a safe place for a 5 year old.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me. I've had cars almost brushing the side of me when they try to squeeze through rather than wait a few secs. Then there's the idiots coming from behind me who want to turn left into a side road and cut in front of me rather than wait for me to pass the entrance to the side road. Part of the reason for leaving a gap is because cyclists sometimes have to suddenly move out into the road a bit, eg. to avoid sunken drain covers in gutter or people who open their car doors without looking.

Plenty of idiot cyclists as well. Seems no end of them wanting to test out Darwinism - riding around at night in dark clothing and no lights. No doubt it will be the unfortunate motorist's fault if they run into them. Another one is kamikaze cyclists regularly going through red traffic/pelican lights. I'm not perfect, I ride on pavements sometimes, but only on busy main roads where there are wide pavements and few pedestrians. If I see a pedestrian I always slow down and give them a wide berth, especially if approaching from behind.

Not sure today's main roads are a safe place for a 5 year old.
It caused a bit of a stir, and the vehicle was a van, not a lorry, that the kid had to pass but there's a balanced appraisal of the situation @road.cc where a driving instructor gives his verdict...
"The only road user to come out of this clip with any credit, and it is full credit to them, is the child. The father seems like one of those I've got priority brigade and the motorist is simply dangerous — it is quite ironic that the young child is the only one with any common sense."

Sponsored Links
Back