Some people are just horrible

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Professional defibs cost about £2k

not the sort of thing you might flog in the pub….
Doubtless some moron will try - or could it be the work of the FSB trying to get hold of electronic components?

Sponsored Links
It caused a bit of a stir, and the vehicle was a van, not a lorry, that the kid had to pass but there's a balanced appraisal of the situation @road.cc where a driving instructor gives his verdict...
"The only road user to come out of this clip with any credit, and it is full credit to them, is the child. The father seems like one of those I've got priority brigade and the motorist is simply dangerous — it is quite ironic that the young child is the only one with any common sense."

I wouldn't say the child needed any credit, they did nothing other than keep going. The car driver was very, very wrong.

There is a narrow bridge very near here, over a railway, just a little wider than one car width but HGV's do manage to squeeze over it. It is one way at a time, with no control, and a tight entry bend at either end. When the kids were young, just learning to ride, my advice was always to take control and ride in the middle going over the bridge, to prevent anyone even considering a dangerous overtake on the bridge. Common sense really for them and any drivers who might attempt such a dangerous manoeuvre, but they often returned home with tales of horns being blown, and windows wound down to hurl comments.

In the child on bike thing, the wrongest was the father imho. He's learned a useful lesson I hope.
Drivers will not always do what they should. Expect it, if you're vulnerable, or one day you will be the one who's hurt.

There will always be drivers who see no reason to stop, there; this one missed easily enough, without the kid changing his line iirc.
Drivers get distracted, tired and the rest, as well as drunk, in a stolen car, escaping a crime... . He might never have read a highway code. No point shouting that he should have once you're under his wheels. The vulnerable do have to learn to look after themselves.

Dad should have slowed the kid earlier, because yelling at him when it was clear the car wasn't going to stop, could have made him unstable.

Whatever mode of transport I'm using , I don't put myself in the way of something bigger. I don't assume it's going to care about me.

Last edited:
Took ages for me to get to work this morning, even on my bike, as the A13 was closed off due to some piece of shît doing a runner from the police when asked to stop. Everything going into London was diverted to the backstreets of Barking and Dagenham so it was total gridlock. It was still closed off when I came home. An innocent woman lost her life when they crashed into a car that she was a passenger in so somewhere tonight someone will never be seeing their wife/mother/daughter/sister. What a terrible waste of life. Makes me mad.
Update. The absolute ****! :evil:

It underlines the bit where I was saying that there is a problem here, and cyclists need to recognise it.
One in 4, huh?. I wonder what the proportion would be if the sample drivers were asked, " this cyclist has been riding like a total idiot, treating the road and pavements like his personal dodgem track, weaponising his vulnerability and making people brake hard just because he can". It might be more than 1 in 4?
Hi vis jackets should be mandatory too. Black lycra is dumb. How about the cyclist shows some responsibility? I'd respect him more when driving - I'm more inclined to look after him if he's helping me do that.

I don't drive too close routinely, though wouldn't stick to a 5ft gap sometimes - , just go careful. If the cyclist is being sensible and happens to be slowing me down, the delay isn't likely to be more than 20 secs so get on with it. Usually the cyclist is perfectly aware and shifts over a bit when they can, and you give them plenty of room, no issue.
I wear reflective jacket, and this morning (in daylight), I had a van pass me way to close on a corner, and actually was on the painted cycle lane just a few feet after it passed me.

I'm usually quite judgemental of cyclists who ride on the pavement, but the more I see, the less I am. There are roundabouts I go round near our house, where many cars have nearly hit me, even though I have right of way.

I wear reflective jacket, and this morning (in daylight), I had a van pass me way to close on a corner, and actually was on the painted cycle lane just a few feet after it passed me.

I'm usually quite judgemental of cyclists who ride on the pavement, but the more I see, the less I am. There are roundabouts I go round near our house, where many cars have nearly hit me, even though I have right of way.

Had one the other day. Moron in a minicab passed me way too close. So close I was able to reach out and bang my fist on the passenger door window as he passed without even stretching. Think it woke him up. :giggle:

Should maybe make allowances - fecker had probably only been in the country a few days. :rolleyes:

I thought it was a myth that grown men were posing as children and that murderers are entering our country.
Happens very frequently. Working with those in the education system, I often heard of parents that get annoyed and start asking questions when they see that their infant child has a 'boy' with a moustache alongside their daughter in the school Christmas play. As an 'unaccompanied minor' arriving by boat, they get special privileges until proven otherwise. There are tests they can carry out to determine their age, I think it’s to do with teeth and bones but it takes a few months to work it out.

Last edited:
I thought it was a myth that grown men were posing as children and that murderers are entering our country.

It's not a myth. Just the liberals want to stifle any debate about how they're aiding our treacherous politicians in the dangerous destruction of The UK. All under the guise of diversity.

Sponsored Links
Back