Stihl combi tools attachment

Sponsored Links
Aye well, I have an ash tree trunk to saw up. It has a diameter of between 14 to 18" and it has to be reduced to logs around 10" long.
I guess there will be between 20 to 30 cuts to be made.
So, it's out with the Husqvarna 55 with an 18" bar and I have nothing to compare it with......so, electric saw owners, how do you think your machine would cope - seriously?
John :)

In my experience, using Husky and Stihl tools, both battery and petrol, the petrol does have the edge on power.
But the battery tools are still an attractive option, due to the lower weight, less noise, no fumes etc. when you're using them for an extended period of time, these are all positive points.

Yes the battery can run out, but you can run out of petrol or 2 stroke and have to go out and get some more, which is also means higher running costs, especially when you factor in the necessary maintenance.

I agree for a decent sized trunk like yours, petrol is the best option. But it's not every day you cut a tree of that size, even if you're an arborist.

Sponsored Links
Aye well, I have an ash tree trunk to saw up. It has a diameter of between 14 to 18" and it has to be reduced to logs around 10" long.
I guess there will be between 20 to 30 cuts to be made.
So, it's out with the Husqvarna 55 with an 18" bar and I have nothing to compare it with......so, electric saw owners, how do you think your machine would cope - seriously?
John :)
I would / have cut trunks up of the lower end of the diameter of yours with my Msa200 and it is fast cutting but, only 8 cuts per charge of an AP300 battery.

All the wood, Ash, in the pic was cut with it and it’s 14” bar on the saw
1726245482630.jpeg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back