Stock market dealing

The funny thing is, I do actually make money gambling on sports. Bookies are always closing my accounts down. That's what draws me to this. My sports betting is just arbitraging, not based on any knowledge of the sports in question. But with the financial markets I don't have arbitrage opportunities, so I end up trading based on fundamentals. And it doesn't work. And it seems to me that that's how people make money on the financial markets - not on forming an educated assessment based on all the relevant factors, but on testing and testing for numerical patterns that repeat in the markets. It must be very computationally intensive, and also very boring.

What are these 10+% bonds anyway?
How do you do the sports thing? £:1 on City and 3:1 on United?

The "carry trade" is arbitrage. I don't know how the mechanics work, eg how do I borrow money in Japan?

INvesting in fundamantals probably works over the long term, as long as you take everything else into account as well. It's the Warren B approach after all.

Early on I think you said Technical analysis (chart patterns) wasn't something you used. It definitely does work, though. Michael Nauss of Trade Ideas/Statsedge Trading is always saying he doesn't know what companies do, he ONLY uses chart patterns and price action. Range trading, trend/momentum trading and using levels is nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of the company.
MN doesn't even look at catalysts, Accumulation /distribution are really useful but nothing to do with the company.
He predicted the rise the other day of around 7% rise in Natural Gas, perely from charts.

He was "bullishon gold" way beack when yo expected the change by teaa time, but we're seeing it now. His Cup and Handle structure is years long, and we're getting the outcome now.
It becomes self-fulfilling, quite often.

If your aim is to make money, it's not boring. Taking 5 figures to 7 isn't boring. Football teams are boring as hell to me.

"What are these 10+% bonds anyway?"
??
Look at a screener!
There's one a few posts back, the orange line, 28% in a year.. Look at Convertible bonds - many have given over 20% overall.
Vanguard USD Corp Bond is up 7+% since May.
They do vary, you do have to use some thinking.

Sponsored Links
Arbitrage between bookmakers and betting exchanges. It takes some time to find the arbitrage opportunities, but they do arise. As I said, I don't know anything about football teams.

Yes, MN was right on gold, although I don't really trust him with his fake window background that he places in his videos.

I suppose I should be looking at things longer term. But that's the antithesis of what tradertv does, so watching that was not helpful at all.

You're being disingenuous about bonds. You're saying to just put money into a 10% bond, like a savings bond. But no such bond exists. What you mean is that I should have put the money into bonds, which have done well this year as interest rates have been declining. You seem to want to make it sound much easier than it is.

You're being disingenuous about bonds.
No, you're choosing to misunderstand, again.

You're saying to just put money into a 10% bond, like a savings bond.
No I'm not, you made that up. I wrote nothing about "savings". Would you stop lying about what I said please?
If you don't know what a bond is, go to Investopedia.
You seem to want to make it sound much easier than it is.

Go to a fund screener.
Type in "bond". Pick one which has been running at a decent rate.
Poke around the similarly named ones. Sometimes they have other words in, like Corporate, or Strategic, or Active, or Dynamic, Fund..
How much easier do you want it?
I have already given names of such things which have been running long enough. You asked a couple of posts ago and I referred you to one a couple of posts before that.
What's the problem -it doesn't have a name which I never mentioned but you thought it might have done????

Yet another one you can find - but you need to do your own homework. That way you're less likely to say something wrong about it just to call me a liar again.
1727877271998.png

25% pa for 18 months looks respectable wouldn't you say?
Where's the disingenuous?
Why the accusation? Again?
Are you going to complain that if you'd bought in at Oct 1st 2023 it would have been flat for a bit? Dang, only 28% since then...

Lots of boring things beat 10%. S & P 500 Utilities sector. 22% or something, more if you use something else while it's retracing.

Insurance. Boring boring.
1727878821671.png

Work out 19.11/11.
OK you're lazy , it's 73.7% in a year.
Sell at the top pinky line and buy again on red, or green. Buy more at black.
If you want, buy when it has left pink but is going north again.
While you're waiting, switch to the previous chart.
Doing that gets you over 100% because you get tmost of the rises and few of the dips.

Presumably ever since the Chinese said they were going to rearrange things you're up a lot.
I was a bit late, buying kwe3 at about 19 rather than say 16 when I should have but it's at 42 now.
Note volume is reduced so it'll slow down, be ready for a reverse.
1727879541848.png

Sponsored Links
Back