Texecom Premier Elite fault light, no power to key pad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As seen in the picture below there is a red fault light on and the rest of the system configured on network 1 has no power. The orange thing furthest to the left (pardon my lack of understanding) is running extremely hot
Help appreciated.
IMG_20240817_204841.jpg

Sponsored Links
Remove devices ( wires from network 1 ) see if clears , it’s either overloaded or you have a faulty item on the network

am I supposed to power down the alarm while doing so? And if so how?

Last edited:
No just remove the wires from the network ..it must be in engineer mode as you are showing a picture with the lid off , I take it you have another keypad on the other network
I guess it’s a 640 panel from the picture

Sponsored Links
I have a laptop plugged directly in to it. And am using the wintex virtual keypad. For engineer mode do i just have to enter the pin?

What’s on network 1 how many keypad , expanders , powered devices ….eg pirs speakers and bellboxs ( powered from any expander )

I disconnected the wires and the fault is off. How should I proceed?

Add one set of bus lines at at time ( as you have 3 connected ) will fault if you have a short on one , but it may need all 3 if your overloading it

okay I have disconnected them and re connected them indvidual, all work on their own it's only when three are plugged in that I get the fault light.

I believe theres 2 keypads and zone expanders 1-4, but ones of those keypads could also be the network, ist hard to tell with the cabling

Engineer utilities > confirm devices > network 1
What is displayed in there?

So when I plug in the zone expanders 1-4 and the mystery cable the fault persists. This is the output of the above.
17240007892754298464119388849373.jpg

17240007604661267762795209243499.jpg

So you have 4 zone expanders 32 zones ? How many used and how many have powered devices …what are they ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back