Texecom Premier Elite fault light, no power to key pad

is there anyway to find that without physically following the cables?

Sponsored Links
I dont have a list where things are and guessing you dont?

Not sure how you expect Wintex to tell you where things are.
If we install something or take something over we can see what the system has stored via Wintex and what investigative work we have done to work out where everything is and then we would have a record.

Sometimes your lucky and customer knows, or installers have left details, then its what info you can recover from the system via wintex after that, its good old fashioned track it down

Think your in way over your head and just doesn't make sense that the system as as it is and your in charge of sorting the mess out.

Logic tells me that I might expect say an expander hidden near a keypad somewhere but not everything is done logically.
Sometimes you can work things out by the company or engineer that did the work as of the way they work and you have seen there work before.

However that may not get you all the way.

I'm sorry if I'm being stupid but is the issue not just unique to network 1 isn't network 1 overloaded so the others should function regardless? And can't that be solved by just providing an alternate power source ?

Stick an xp200 psu at the side of the control panel and power one of the network runs off the psu …..normally you would fit it halfway down the network depending on loads or items connected to the expander …

Sponsored Links
Right so I've discovered that the original PSU has some sort of fault. On the pad it says PSU Mains Fault
IMG_20240829_134753.jpg

Chances the psu switch mode unit black top left has failed.

Lost track of the version numbers but latest units are white rather than black.

You can buy spares from distributors think I may have some older black units new and unused I can send for cost of postage but will have to check tomorrow. If you get a new one make sure it’s white in colour as black maybe new old stock

So I've got the extra Powe supply drilled in. To power it I think I need to I need to power down the alarm. Is there anyway to do this without setting the alarm off?

if powering down which is probably a good idea, place panel into engineers mode, any bells place in engineers hold off.

Texecom bells can be done from ell test and press omit, when it says disabled.

what is it your trying to achieve exactly?

so from the panel to the powered expanders network in you would have -Ve T and R and no positive as the powered PSU is providing that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back