Three-way switching, is there any other option to rotary?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering rewiring the landing light, when I put it up, it was connected to a standard two-way switching system, for the centre bulb only, the outer light's only way to turn on or off is wireless.

So considering renewing the twin and earth with triple and earth, and fitting a four position switch, so three-way and off, so off, centre lamp, outer lamps, all lamps. I can find centre off, so 4 - off - 1 but not four position. Unless using a rotary switch. Seems little point threading the cable, if I can't get a switch.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Do not worry Eric, we all do that now and again, as we get older we all do it a bit more too even if we do not have "Old Timers" as my parents use to call it.
Gets more frequent with age but even when younger the best of us still do it now and again.
Example - what's that word?, A simple word, can not think of it at the moment, I can think Intercontinental-Anti Ballistic- Missile as a word or Antidisestablishmentarian but what the heck is that simple every day I can not think of today? Then following day you have a Eureka moment, oh dear that word is Pimple !:giggle::giggle::giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back