Today's good news

If people want to pay stupid amounts of money to stand in crowd listening to some bloke sing
Or watch 22 blokes kick a ball around a field that’s up to them ?

Who cares ? Not me
No but folk with e.g. two young/teenage daughters might care if they're avid fans of x singer and they get priced out of going because of folk that buy the tickets in bulk and resell at x times face value. As usual, it's the ordinary working person/family that can't go to these things.

And as for money grabbing tactics such as 'dynamic pricing', what a load of old greedy sh1te.

Sponsored Links
No but folk with e.g. two young/teenage daughters might care if they're avid fans of x singer and they get priced out of going because of folk that buy the tickets in bulk and resell at x times face value. As usual, it's the ordinary working person/family that can't go to these things.

And as for money grabbing tactics such as 'dynamic pricing', what a load of old greedy sh1te.

Not that bothered tbh

Have you ever paid stupid money to watch a car race up a hill?

No can’t say that I have

Most expensive event I go to or have been to
Is the festival of speed at good wood

Never really been interested in car racing

In 2019 I paid what some would call 'stupid money' to take myself and my son to see the Monaco Grand Prix in some pretty decent seats - so close to the track I could’ve practically shook hands with the drivers and right opposite the pits and a large screen TV.

These were our seats (arrowed) that we had ten years later for the 2019 F1

CC8D54A5-34E4-4A89-86AF-DCDB49BC9C95.jpeg

Flew there the night before and stayed in a hotel, train to Monaco next day, visited the castle and motor museum and saw the race the next day, flew home that night. Something I (and I hope, my son), will never forget. Stupid money for some, but money well spent in my mind. Only regret of the trip was that I didn’t get a helicopter from Nice to Monaco - only a 5 minute trip and was €200 (one way) but on the day they doubled it to €400 which was a bit of a cheek but that’s supply and demand for you. We got the train for about €8 return but I just wish I’d had got the 'copter.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In 2019 I paid what some would call 'stupid money' to take myself and my son to see the Monaco Grand Prix in some pretty decent seats - so close to the track I could’ve practically shook hands with the drivers and right opposite the pits and a large screen TV. Flew there the night before and stayed in a hotel, train to Monaco next day, visited the castle and motor museum and saw the race the next day, flew home that night. Something I (and I hope, my son), will never forget. Stupid money for some, but money well spent in my mind. Only regret of the trip was that I didn’t get a helicopter from Nice to Monaco - only a 5 minute trip and was €200 (one way) but on the day they doubled it to €400 which was a bit of a cheek but that’s support and demand for you. We got the train for about €8 return but I just wish I’d had got the 'copter.
I bet Monaco was stupidly expensive. Very nice place though.

I've been in a couple of (non-exciting) Heli' rides locally. The most fascinating thing for me was seeing local landmarks and your own house from the air. Great feeling that initial 'elevator ride' when you first ascend.

I bet Monaco was stupidly expensive. Very nice place though.

I've been in a couple of (non-exciting) Heli' rides locally. The most fascinating thing for me was seeing local landmarks and your own house from the air. Great feeling that initial 'elevator ride' when you first ascend.
I’d been there three times before the GP and it can be if, like anywhere, you go into a waterside café or bar (none of which are open during the GP) but the motor museum housing every car the Grimaldi family has owned as well as many others costs just €8 to enter and if you go up the hill to the palace, you can get a huge takeaway baguette and a drink in one of the many sandwich bars or cafés in the quaint old shops up there for less than €10. All the reasonable priced souvenir shops and cafés are up there. All the overpriced and designer shops are down in and around the harbour. First time we went there it’s was when we stopped off on a Med cruise. I had booked a lap of the F1 circuit in a Ferrari as an excursion but it was cancelled because that year they decided to have the Tour de France as one of the destinations and many of the roads were coned off due to the bike race but we had a coffee and a coke in a harbour side bar and it cost something like €25. We must have been dressed halfway tidy as a couple of back packers tried to sit down at the table next to us and the waiter just rudely waved them away!

Monaco is an amazing place. I love going there. Its not stupidly expensive, you can get a coffee, lunch and dinner etc in any of the many cafe's for not much more than anywhere else. Obviously that would be different during Grand Prix week.

Lol. Just looking through some old photos and found one taken from our seats in front of the track with the pits in the background. Never noticed before but the 'Brasserie' in the photo was where we had our expensive drinks 10 years earlier!

2334AF99-78B1-4396-86D3-9B745270BBAF.jpeg

The stands we were in are erected for the GP and behind us is the harbour. Many of the celebs were stepping ashore from tenders from their yachts just behind us. One shock I had was when I got my mobile bill for that month. There was a ridiculous charge for the time I was there. Apparently I had picked up the Wifi from one of the yatch's behind me. I complained and my airtime provider waived the bill.

Last edited:
A company with no Assets and £4M owed in debts. Most of the directors have legged it too.

I'd be pleased to see the greasy-palmed Tory Scroungers hit with a tax bill on their ill-gotten gains.

It's unclear what %age of the products produced where considered unfit. if the money has been extracted from the limited company (it has) and how it could be recovered. Mone's kids seem to be sitting on a chunk of it. They would have to seek to lift the corporate vale and go after the directors individually. Thats not going to be easy.

Another Tory corruption scandal.

Aided by laws encouraging hidden offshore money laundering.

Even a Tory pm said it was wrong

Despite being a greasy-palmed beneficiary himself

"Zahawi quizzed on multimillion-pound payout"

"Nadhim Zahawi, chair of the Conservative party, is facing a chorus of questions about his tax affairs after he failed to confirm or deny reports he has agreed to pay millions of pounds in tax to settle a dispute with HM Revenue & Customs."

Sponsored Links
Back