Tools robbed from my van last night

The OP lives in UK, which has a a justice system.
Sharia law is only allowed if the participants accept it, and only in very minor issues.

To present such argument for theft in UK suggests your apathetic attempt at demonising other countries.
In USA the thief might be shot and killed, but we don't advocate for that in UK. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Keitai agrees with your sentiments. I wonder what your views would be had you suffered similar loss and then had to replace the tools to put bread on the table.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if Keitai agrees with your sentiments. I wonder what your views would be had you suffered similar loss and then had to replace the tools to put bread on the table.
I might be discontent with an apparent lack of effort by the police. But I would never resort to mob justice, nor violent vigilante tactics.
UK is a law abiding country, to suggest we resort to violent thuggery against suspected thieves would be a slippery slope toward anarchy. :rolleyes:

The exact opposite, is what the poster is doing.

But your default cry "Racism!" for anything and everything devalues real cases.

Same old, same old..........
I saw two possible reasons for DP's comments, 1. demonizing another country or religion, or 2. advocating for medieval punishment of criminals.
I tried to cover both strands.
If his reason was the former, my comment was justified. If the reason was the latter, your comment was partially justified.
His subsequent comment suggested that reason number 2 was the probable cause for his earlier comment.

However, two points. I did not accuse him of racism. It isn't racist to criticise, or advocate, the policies or practices of another country or religion.. Therefore he wasn't being racist.
For sure being racist might be a contributing factor for any criticism, but it's not the only reason, And I'm not in the habit of accusing someone of being racist, when there are other possible reasons for their comments or behaviour.

Now we have established that DP wants to resurrect medieval punishments, we can discuss the benefits or drawbacks of medieval punishments.
It isn't the severity of the punishment that is the deterrent, it's the probability of being caught.

Sponsored Links
over the years vans have developed from absolute basic cabs to top of the range , latest sound systems /air con /sat nav/ fancy seats and interiors but yet they wont put a good locking system into place despite decades of van break ins . Crazy

If I was to see them. Would the police come with me ? I've called them but they haven't come back to me. Unbelievable
I had a visit by the police following listing something on Ebay. Same make model of something plus some stickers. The original owner identified it based on that and got it back. It had been stolen from his flat. I bought it from a shop that sells 2nd hand stuff.

:) Police said the owner seems to be a reasonable person. He had claimed on his insurance so may cover some of your losses - he didn't.

Let's have the rest of the story! :love: Did you marry and live happily ever after (so far)?

No, I wasn't ready for that, I was too young and foolish sadly. She lives on the other side of the world now but we're 'friends' on Facebook.

Op, if you find your tools for sale online tell the police that you will confront the seller (thief?) by yourself and give date and time.
Follow that with an email to your local station.
They will send 2 coppers too accompany you.

Op, if you find your tools for sale online tell the police that you will confront the seller (thief?) by yourself and give date and time.
what do you actually base your expectations on ???
if they showed no interest in a theft that suggests they are overloaded and prioritizing assets so not sure that they will send anyone to accompany him ??

The exact opposite, is what the poster is doing.

But your default cry "Racism!" for anything and everything devalues real cases.

Same old, same old..........
I see the level of inconsistency in your style, very much two tier Brigadier.
I criticise another poster without mentioning racism, because they weren't being racist, yet you accuse me of calling them racist.
You were wrong in your content and in your interpretation.
Now here we are, with johnny2007 calling me a racist, without an iota of proof, and you are noticeably absent, with no comment to make.

So you accuse me of calling another racist, when I didn't, and when another calls me racist, without cause, you have no comment.

It's worse than two tier Brigadier, it's blatant double standards of which you are part of, and you opened that topic of discussion for others to follow, like the sheep that they are. :rolleyes:
You need to brush up on your understanding of racism. :rolleyes:

Same old, same old.........

One of my customers is a retired copper. Had a chat with him. He said try to get the serial numbers and update police report. I got two serial numbers on stihl blower and stihl combi unit. The attachments don't come with them. I went to this dodgy cash converter shop on Boscombe (worst area in town)but they didn't have my tools on the shelf. I asked this South African dude who was staring at me with fear or so it seemed after I mentioned serial numbers to a shop clerk. He said he'd record it but going by how fast he was tapping he possibly didn't record them properly. They had this metal storage unit out the back. They said they had no other garden tools.

I'm thinking to photograph all my tools with serial numbers and the tool itself in future

Last edited:
Thxs. I assume u mean if I call and ask the police politely to come with me, they won't?

I criticise another poster without mentioning racism, because they weren't being racist, yet you accuse me of calling them racist.
You were wrong in your content and in your interpretation

No, I wasn't.

The poster supported Muslim practice.

You accused him of "demonising other countries".

If anyone is getting mixed up, it is you.
You accused the poster of the exact opposite of what they'd said.

And you conflated faith with country.

Now bore off, you tiresome, multi-usernamed troll.

Sponsored Links
Back