Travel? Perfectly clear.

When you have a litigous environment - that's where you get the warnings on items - not because of a lack of common sense but because of lawyers seeing opportunity to litigate.

If the public as you argue are dumbed down - then why did we ask them for a referendum on such a huge issue such as Brexit? no idea, should have been left to those whom can do the economic modelling, however the media hyped it up and got the Neanderthals riled up whereby it became impossible for the government to ignore. I voted remain BTW , but accepted the results.

If the public is misinformed then who is it fault? When politicians tell lies and the media push these lies - then who is at fault? Where are the instiutions we can rely on for facts? Why do they get drowned out? is the public misinformed, or is it a case of the government trying to appease everyone?

The Government can give clearer guidance - so tell me in the situation where people cannot rebook and are told not to travel - what do they do? dont travel - simple, if they've lost money then they shouldn't have booked it. People have booked things knowing full well that this scenario was a possibility, we have been in this situation for over a year now, people need to use the brain cells god has given them rather than rely on an consortium of elected officials that really only has themselves and there buddies best interests at heart.

Sponsored Links
Aah, so your common sense approach to travel, after claiming people should consult again and again before travelling, is now, don't travel.
:rolleyes:

Aah, so your common sense approach to travel, after claiming people should consult again and again before travelling, is now, don't travel.
:rolleyes:

idiot

that wasnt the question asked.

question was:
so tell me in the situation where people cannot rebook and are told not to travel - what do they do?

common sense says dont travel then.

its not difficult is it, but then for someone with the brain power of an ant its no surprise you struggle with common sense and being able to understand questions being asked.

Common sense is a wolly term - does it have a basis in law?
The "man on the Clapham omnibus" test?

Replace "common sense" with ideas like "behaved reasonably", "made reasonable provision","took reasonable care","carried out reasonable diligence"?

Laws and regulations covering all sorts of things have requirements for some form of "reasonableness" - how does that work?

Insurance companies are saying your travel insurance will be void as they are they are interpreting the guidance in a more narrow view.
Travel insurance policies have always had clauses which void cover if you go somewhere the Foreign Office has "advised" against.

Sponsored Links
I think the problem is the government are relying on the general public to use their common sense, though tbh Im starting to think their is an awful lot of people that seem to lack this simple trait
An irony is that they wouldnt be in government if the general public had, and exercised, common sense.

idiot

that wasnt the question asked.

question was:
so tell me in the situation where people cannot rebook and are told not to travel - what do they do?

common sense says dont travel then.

its not difficult is it, but then for someone with the brain power of an ant its no surprise you struggle with common sense and being able to understand questions being asked.
You should tell this lady to show her common sense certificate, that'll work:
Lis Nixon from Oxfordshire told the BBC on Thursday that she was turned away at the Iberia desk at Heathrow, despite having an urgent family reason to visit Spain. Her son, daughter-in-law and grandson live in Estella, Spain, and needed her there, she said.

"The woman at the desk said I needed authorisation from the Spanish consulate. There's nothing in all of the government advice that says I need to do that. When I try phoning the consulate, it says the mailbox is full. The phone number says you need to book an appointment, so you just go round in circles.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57199791
When someone resorts to abuse it's an indication that they are arguments are deeply flawed, they know it, but they refuse to accept it.

The government can't implement a complete ban on travel
Subject to provision for truly necessary exceptions (which do not include rich businessmen,YouTube influencers, etc)

They can, and at times should, implement a complete ban on significant domestic movement.

They can, and often should have, implemented a complete ban on people entering the country.

They can say to people "You may legally travel to other countries if they will let you in, but you will not be allowed to return. No mixing with hundreds of others in an arrivals hall. No quarantining at home nonsense. No quarantining in a hotel nonsense. No re-admission. Your choice. You go if you want."

as it would decimate an industry that has already been severely affected by covid, there is also a while wider industry reliant on the travel industry aswell.
T.S.

But at the same time the government can't say everyone is free to travel and Dona's they like because the likes of the guardian will lambast them even further and blame them for even more deaths etc etc.
And rightly so.

in the situation where people cannot rebook and are told not to travel - what do they do?
Reflect on whether it made sense to make the booking in the first place. Its not as if weve not had plenty of time to see what has happened, what is happening, and to think about what might happen.

Ive just made theatre bookings for March 2022. I'm hoping it will be OK to go. If the event is cancelled, I get my money back. I could have taken out insurance to cover me if it goes ahead but I am unable to go because of illness or travel restrictions. If I were to decide at the time that I didnt want to go the insurance wouldnt pay out. I decided to not take the insurance.

But then its only £50-odd at risk, not holiday sums.

Sponsored Links
Back