Trump reconsiders Second Amendment

Sponsored Links
There was no way the iage you quoted could be taken at the actual event when it happened. It's staged.
You only have to watch the full TV footage of the incident. The final fist punch of the air just before he was dragged down the steps.

so remind us what was the case postponed for

In the US they have a system of using "special counsels" to investigate these matters. All the way from Watergate, to Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, and now through to Trump and all his cases. The special counsel appointed in Trump's case is Jack Smith.

I've only skimmed the reports. But it seems what has happened here is that Trump's legal team have argued that the whole system of appointing special counsels is unconstitutional. So this is pretty massive, because it means that all those previous investigations would also be unconstitutional. Basically, it's a bonkers decision.

This judge is thought by many to be incredibly biased. Trump is clearly guilty in this particular case. But many argue she has done everything possible to slow the case down to stop it ever reaching court. And now she has finally taken the nuclear option.

In the US they have a system of using "special counsels" to investigate these matters. All the way from Watergate, to Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, and now through to Trump and all his cases. The special counsel appointed in Trump's case is Jack Smith.

I've only skimmed the reports. But it seems what has happened here is that Trump's legal team have argued that the whole system of appointing special counsels is unconstitutional. So this is pretty massive, because it means that all those previous investigations would also be unconstitutional. Basically, it's a bonkers decision.

This judge is thought by many to be incredibly biased. Trump is clearly guilty in this particular case. But many argue she has done everything possible to slow the case down to stop it ever reaching court. And now she has finally taken the nuclear option.
so yet again remind us what it was actually initially postponed for or did you miss that bit in your skim ?

Sponsored Links
so yet again remind us what it was actually initially postponed for or did you miss that bit in your skim ?

Yes, I must have missed it. What happened? I've not been following it closely.

But whatever it was, it's not the reason the case has been dismissed. A bit of a red herring, I believe.

Trumps choice of running mate is a telling signal of far-right intentions should they be elected in November:
J.D Vance has said that, had he been vice president in 2020, he would have carried out Trump’s scheme for the vice president to overturn the election results. He has fundraised for January 6 rioters. He once called on the Justice Department to open a criminal investigation into a Washington Post columnist who penned a critical piece about Trump. After last week’s assassination attempt on Trump, he attempted to whitewash his radicalism by blaming the shooting on Democrats’ rhetoric about democracy without an iota of evidence. In a podcast interview, Vance said that Trump should “fire every single mid-level bureaucrat” in the US government and “replace them with our people.” If the courts attempt to stop this, Vance says, Trump should simply ignore the law.

J.D. Vance is a man who believes that the current government is so corrupt that radical, even authoritarian steps, are justified in response. He sees himself as the avatar of America’s virtuous people, whose political enemies are interlopers scarcely worthy of respect. He is a man of the law who believes the president is above it.

VOX.com

The argument is that these people need to be approved by the senate and ?? the president. The counter is that there have been a number where this has not happened - even if it ever has. So there appears to be a strong legal belief that the lady's 94 page judgement does not hold water. But hey ho this is politics.

Trumps choice of running mate is a telling signal of far-right intentions should they be elected in November:
Pundits reckon given Trump's new I'll reunite the US policy he will choose some one who isn't outspoken.
Can't see this changing the republican's main aims as these are why their party rate Trump extremely highly. I've seen levels as high as 98% in reply to some polling questions. LOL Democrats take the opposite view with him in power.

Reunite the country my eye - he'd impose the far-right agenda on the American people and tell 'em to like it or lump it. Vance has already begun to ruffle feathers here in claiming the UK will become an Islamist country under Labour. :rolleyes:

Bannon has an interest in moving European religion more towards what the US has,
He is interested in a far right america and a far right europe.
He mentions fighting back. Hows it going - pass but he bought somewhere suitable to train what he referred to as Archangels in Italy. As far as I know the Italians have said not here but.............. pass.

Effectively weaponising religion.
The motive for the yanks in the gulf war was religious.
Trump's ear. Biden makes the sort of speech we would expect. No room for this sort of thing in politics. Trump's end - it's purely the fault of the democrats. A purely political statement.
How dumb do you have to be to vote trumpf b3cause someone tried to top him.

He is interested in a far right america and a far right europe.
Bannon is an interesting creature. Some old news
Meanwhile, in 2015, Bannon and the London satellite of his far-right propaganda outlet, Breitbart News, helped stoke the anti-Muslim sentiment that fueled Brexit (also called “Leave EU”), the campaign to separate Great Britain from the European Union. After the Brexiteers “won” the vote to leave the EU, Brexit leader Nigel Farage thanked Bannon and Breitbart for the result. “‘Well done Bannon, well done Breitbart,” he declared in a video that was later deleted from the Breitbart YouTube account following the Cambridge Analytica scandal. In July 2015, under Bannon’s leadership,

Farage recently stated he is here with us at his campaign meeting. He very probably still figures with Trump.

Reunite the country my eye
Looks like the pundits were correct. He's picked a VP who was vocal anti Trump in 2016, His views on abortion and other areas are the same a Trump's. It seems he was more concerned about the poor than the usual republican.

Trump seems more subdued - pundit view - acting, here I am a changed man.

Looks like the pundits were correct. He's picked a VP who was vocal anti Trump in 2016, His views on abortion and other areas are the same a Trump's. It seems he was more concerned about the poor than the usual republican.
He's just one among many these days who conveniently forget their opinion in 2016 to follow the money in 2024. Even if the bullet had sent Trump back to Hell there's too many acolytes ready to advocate his message to the party faithful. They have assumed control.

Sponsored Links
Back