UK inflation worsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you from Venezuela?
Mayve he forgot that our quoted figures are given on a rolling 12 month average. You can use monthly figures if you want but the figures we usually have in the news are annual. How this generates hundreds of bitching posts is pretty amazing.

Sponsored Links
Mayve he forgot that our quoted figures are given on a rolling 12 month average. You can use monthly figures if you want but the figures we usually have in the news are annual. How this generates hundreds of bitching posts is pretty amazing.
The example wasn't about anything. It was just demonstrating how falling inflation still means rising prices.

And filly couldn't grasp it. And is now grasping at straws trying to save face, when the facts ard clear, with the timeliness to show he was wrong and started hurling insults.

I told him repeatedly to stop digging a hole. If he keeps digging I will keep pointing out it was him that couldn't understand basic schoolboy stuff

Semantics on this site among the idiots is beyond ridiculous.

If inflation falls, prices are lower than the preceding month, which is a good thing. The rate of inflation is measured against prices 12 months earlier, so in short, prices are lower (or should be subject to retailers or forecourts passing on the savings) than the previous month but still higher that the same month 12 months prior to that.

Howling at the moon and screaming brexit won't alter that fact.
This was his first post.

And he wouldn't stop

Sponsored Links
PMSL.

If in June 2023, inflation is 9%, prices are 9% higher than June 2022, that represents the inflation. If in July 2023, prices are 8% higher than July 2022 that reflects annual inflation and the prices for July are cheaper than June, that represents a fall in prices.
Not on the year before but on a monthly basis. Anyway, crack on, looking forward to a non answer.
His 2nd post, despite being told he was wrong on his 1st.

No examples had been given yet

On reflection do think you could have handled the situation better, instead of repeatedly antagonizing the situation by resorting to the basic schoolboy stuff terminology.

On reflection do think you could have handled the situation better, instead of repeatedly antagonizing the situation by resorting to the basic schoolboy stuff terminology.
Who threw the insults ? Why don't you ask him ?

And it is, it really is, very very very basic schoolboy stuff

Who threw the insults ? Why don't you ask him ?

And it is, it really is, very very very basic schoolboy stuff
If you had faith in your position then why the need to repeatedly inflame the discussion, are you saying you don't know how to extract yourself from a discussion other than trading insults.
Your last paragraph suggests your not learning any lessons.

No, prices were cheaper than the previous month because both measures were based on prices from 12 months earlier.

If something cost £100 pounds in june 2022 10% inflation in 2023 would make the price £110.00
If in July 2023 inflation fell to 9%, that item would cost £109.00
That means the price dropped by £1 between june and july 2023

No one is disputing that prices aren't rising against last year, but technically, between June and July 2023, prices have dropped.

Maybe I should pop into my local fuel station and terll them they've undercharged me last time I filled up the van.
And his 3rd post.

Still no examples had been given at this point.

If you had faith in your position then why the need to repeatedly inflame the discussion, are you saying you don't know how to extract yourself from a discussion other than trading insults.
Did I not suggest that he should stop digging a hole ? Repeatedly

If he stops digging the hole now and keeps trying to prove me wrong when I wasn't, he could extract himself too. Why don't you ask him ?

She'll have the last word regardless, she'll go on and on and on and on, then she'll go quiet for a while, then she'll bring it up again, then she'll bring it up on an unrelated thread.

Perfectly normal behaviour.

She's normally the first to respond to my posts on other threads, I think she likes me.

She'll have the last word regardless, she'll go on and on and on and on, then she'll go quiet for a while, then she'll bring it up again, then she'll bring it up on an unrelated thread.

Perfectly normal behaviour.

She's normally the first to respond to my posts on other threads, I think she likes me.
Don't kid yourself.

As I've said to 1 other person. Keep having a go at me and I will give it back.

If you don't like it, stop giving it

You made yourself a laughing stock and I repeatedly told you to stop digging a hole

Schoolboy

Don't kid yourself.

As I've said to 1 other person. Keep having a go at me and I will give it back.

If you don't like it, stop giving it

You made yourself a laughing stock and I repeatedly told you to stop digging a hole

Schoolboy

I'm making a fool of myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back