UK inflation worsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
1690113149734.png

Prices go up throughout, until you get to the point where the red line goes below the black one. By then though they're much higher than they ever were.
Compare post 2000 with pre 2000. Inflation is reducing but prices are still going up.

It's like a rollercoaster.
You have speed, then velocity which invokes acceleration, the a changing rate of acceleration they call jiggle(iirc), then a changing rate of jiggle.
If you get it wrong, everybody vomits.

View attachment 309032
Prices go up throughout, until you get to the point where the red line goes below the black one. By then though they're much higher than they ever were.
Compare post 2000 with pre 2000. Inflation is reducing but prices are still going up.

It's like a rollercoaster.
You have speed, then velocity which invokes acceleration, the a changing rate of acceleration they call jiggle(iirc), then a changing rate of jiggle.
If you get it wrong, everybody vomits.

Nice chart. The trend line on the first half of the chart would track the 'lows' in an upward trend, same as on any share price chart.
But the 'actual' line isn't going up in a straight line is it, there are a number of small drop backs (or price decreases) along the way.

That doesn't alter the main trendline, but does acknowledge there will be small falls along the way. IE, the price might be lower one month than the month before, before carrying on it's upward journey.

Sponsored Links
Nobody did that. They posted a quick example to show the point and you still don't understand it.

Schoolboy level stuff and you call me an idiot.

Grow up

Compound monthly inflation lol, I'm not the only one who pulled you up on it am I.

Nice chart. The trend line on the first half of the chart would track the 'lows' in an upward trend, same as on any share price chart.
But the 'actual' line isn't going up in a straight line is it, there are a number of small drop backs (or price decreases) along the way.

That doesn't alter the main trendline, but does acknowledge there will be small falls along the way. IE, the price might be lower one month than the month before, before carrying on it's upward journey.
The Y axis shows inflation rate, not prices! :rolleyes:

Aren't they linked?
Yes they are linked. But a lower inflation rate does not mean a fall in prices. It does mean a slower increase in prices.
Only a negative or deflation rate indicates lower prices, when the line goes below the x axis 0 line in Justin's diagram, (that's the horizontal line, x is across and y isn't)

You still d
Compound monthly inflation lol, I'm not the only one who pulled you up on it am I.
You still don't get it do you?

It wasn't showing anything other than the principle. You still don't understand that though.

You argued and dug a hole and proved it. And called me names for pointing it out and telling you to stop digging.

You have genuinely earned the name of silly filly

But you were showing the wrong principal, inflation compounded on a monthly basis.
Rubbish. Go back to your 1st post that was wrong. You couldn't and still don't understand how falling inflation still means prices rising and I ended up showing you Imaginary figures on a simple example of inflation to exaggerate the point.

Go back to your initial wrong arguments and look. Or I can point it out to you again. I told you to stop digging your hole repeatedly.

It really is basic schoolboy stuff and you didn't have a clue. I still don't think you have.

Carman's hyperinflation lol.

£110 in Feb (10%)
£121 in March (10%)
£126 in april inflation has FALLEN to 5% but the price still went up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back