UK inflation worsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So answer the same question I asked windy.

Yes, falling inflation means prices are still higher than the year before. CPI measure inflation is based on a bunch of goods and their cost 12 months previous.
My point was that if in June 2023 inflation is 10% the cost is 10% higher than June 2022, If in July 2023 inflation is 5% the cost of the goods is 5% higher than July 2022.

Are the cost of those same goods in July 2023 more expensive or less expensive than in June 2023?
Once you get to accept basic economics at adult level we can go further. Not going there until you at least reach that level.

Do you understand falling inflation means prices are still rising, not falling ?

Sponsored Links
Do you need another spade yet? Give up

Can't answer the question?

Do you understand falling inflation means prices are still rising, not falling ?

I understand perfectly, they have risen on the price from 12 months earlier, I'm not denying that, never have.

Why won't you answer the question I asked windy. It's really very simple.

Can't answer the question?

I understand perfectly, they have risen on the price from 12 months earlier, I'm not denying that, never have.

Why won't you answer the question I asked windy. It's really very simple.
So your posts 76, 78. 84 are totally wrong

Do you agree ?

When we get to adult level we can have a discussion. But I'm not wasting my time with schoolboy stuff

Sponsored Links
So your posts 76, 78. 84 are totally wrong

Do you agree ?

Stop swerving, posts 76, 78 and 84 state exactly the same as I'm saying now. You can't answer the question and then post some nonsense example of compound monthly inflation.
Being unable to answer or counter, you revert to insults.

Stop swerving, posts 76, 78 and 84 state exactly the same as I'm saying now. You can't answer the question and then post some nonsense example of compound monthly inflation.
Being unable to answer or counter, you revert to insults.
It's not me that's insulting, look back at those posts of yours.

If you say those posts are right then you are still not understanding basic economics, so don't expect a reply.

Filly, this really is schoolboy level economics

LOL, monthly compound inflation.
It's a very very simple example, do you understand it ?

It wasn't based on actual figures. Just to try to explain falling inflation still means rising prices, and you still say your comments were right. They weren't, they arent

It's a very very simple example, do you understand it ?

It wasn't based on actual figures. Just to try to explain falling inflation still means rising prices, and you still say your comments were right. They weren't, they arent

Doesn't matter wether or not they're actual figures. You illustrated that 10% inflation equates to a 285% price increase over 12 months.

That is what you illustrated isn't it. Do you think that's correct?

Doesn't matter wether or not they're actual figures. You illustrated that 10% inflation equates to a 285% price increase over 12 months.

That is what you illustrated isn't it. Do you think that's correct?
In the example given it doesn't matter. It's an example

Filly, give up or go and research

In the example given it doesn't matter. It's an example

Filly, give up or go and research

You've illustrated that 10% inflation equates to an annual price increase of 285%, you've even gone as far as to show your 'workings'.
Do you think that is correct?

You've illustrated that 10% inflation equates to an annual price increase of 285%, you've even gone as far as to show your 'workings'.
Do you think that is correct?
Jfc filly.

It was an example the figures don't matter.

Do you still not understand these basics ?

You're posts highlighted are clearly wrong, but you still keep doubling down on them.

How deep is your hole ?

Read that !

I did read, along with many other posts.

However, why can nobody answer my very simple question.

Yes, falling inflation means prices are still higher than the year before. CPI measure inflation is based on a bunch of goods and their cost 12 months previous.
My point was that if in June 2023 inflation is 10% the cost is 10% higher than June 2022, If in July 2023 inflation is 5% the cost of the goods is 5% higher than July 2022.

Are the cost of those same goods in July 2023 more expensive or less expensive than in June 2023?

I did read, along with many other posts.

However, why can nobody answer my very simple question.

Nobody will answer you til you grasp the basics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back