UK to Rwanda asylum plan ruled unlawful

Sponsored Links
"As the UK is no longer bound by the Dublin Regulation there are significant questions regarding whether the UK can return asylum seekers to the EU without a replacement returns mechanism. The UK Government has expressed its intention to agree bilateral deals with EU Member States for this purpose, however a number of EU Member States have said they will not agree to these."

Bloody foreigners...
Whatever one can say about brexiteers one has to admire their consistency...

Namely always ignorantly blaming Johnny/Jane foreigner for all the ills of the UK which are actually home grown!

Sponsored Links
I hope you give clients more attention. Your dishonesty is disappointing.
and yet you bring nothing to the table apart from a misunderstanding of immigration law.

Do you have any thoughts on what the government should do, beyond fix it and fix it faster?

Do you have any thoughts on what the government should do, beyond fix it and fix it faster?
So I gave a few examples, which you obviously don't like and twisted them to give a slanted view on possible outcomes.

And because of that you want more examples? Does the government have any thoughts on what the government should do? Or should I just do a white paper?
and yet you bring nothing to the table apart from a misunderstanding of immigration law.
Well that is just factually wrong.

Seems to be a thing nowdays for certain members to pop in, vent their Brexit spleen, ask a few loaded questions, píss off quickly, lay low for a week, rinse, repeat.
Maybe the majority of the UK are still waiting to hear from a single brexiteer of a single tangible benefit of brexit?

Or which decade/century it might appear?

The brexit 'project' is as dead as a dodo, and most of the brexit disciples are heading the same way...

Voter renewal will win out! (y)

yep Schengen will fix it. Zero illegal immigrants, because we simply wont count them.

The government has so far...
Tightened the law to more easily enable prosecution of illegal immigrants arriving via boat and those who assist them.
Create a disincentive to those arriving by boat to attempt to come here.
Fund French authorities to intercept them at departure. Its pretty expensive, but they seem to be slowly be willing to do the work, they have been paid for.

In the absence of a global solution where valid asylum seekers are processed and supported in the nearest safe country (funded by everyone), The UK needs to be a less attractive destination for illegal immigrants. It is a slow process to address each and every legal objection, but bit, by bit they are getting there.

My point is though they have let a safe country, where they are no longer in danger so have not sought simply safety but have decided to migrate to a destination of their choice.
When I escaped a house fire, my first thought was to exit the building.
When I was in a place of safety, I had time to consider all my options. I did not throw my self into the arms of the first person on the scene.
I chose an option that most suited my circumstances. There was no rush, I was in a place of safety. I had accomodation, I had accces to decent advice.

I did chuckle at "decided case law" (in a County Court preparatory hearing).

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back