UK to Rwanda asylum plan ruled unlawful

Its not about whether our scheme is safe, its about if Rwanda is safe.
Gets lost in translation that, some on here would have you believe they're all skilled artisans and the handle of a machete is something alien to them

Sponsored Links
If we actually sorted the problem, Rwanda and anywhere else would be irrelevant.

Process the people fairly and quickly

Rwanda was bribed to take asylum seekers and the court said it couldn't be guaranteed they wouldn't be sent back to their country of origin. Think about it, a gravy train and a merry go round all in one. Never mind we’ve taken back control.

Blup

it couldn't be guaranteed they wouldn't be sent back to their country of origin.

If someone comes ashore and has binned their "papers", what is "their country of origin"?

Simply (and ignoring the sledgehammer policy of "on a small boat, off to Rwanda with no further discussion" for a moment).........

- turn up, paperless, claiming asylum
- claims for asylum are made on the basis that the claimant is in fear of persecution in their home country, or fleeing violence or conflict, among other reasons
- however, if the claimant will not say where their home country is, not only does the UK have nowhere to return them to, but also no means of verifying the claim in the first place

So, what happens then?

Is the above a fair reflection of the situation?

Sponsored Links
So, what happens then?

I honestly don't know. I would really like to find out more about what happens and to get a proper idea of the scale of the problem. Do the Home Office have other ways of verifying the country of origin. I can see that it might be easier for some countries than others. 99% of Albanians only speak Albanian. I don't know if things like that can be used as a starting point. Since your post the other day, which really made me think, I've been trying to find out more information, but so far I've only found a couple of articles in the Telegraph and on Migration Watch.

In a few years (?) this country will be deemed to be unsafe for refugees ;)

If someone comes ashore and has binned their "papers", what is "their country of origin"?

Simply (and ignoring the sledgehammer policy of "on a small boat, off to Rwanda with no further discussion" for a moment).........

- claims for asylum are made on the basis that the claimant is in fear of persecution in their home country, or fleeing violence or conflict, among other reasons
- however, if the claimant will not say where their home country is, not only does the UK have nowhere to return them to, but also no means of verifying the claim in the first place

So, what happens then?

That's the first hurdle to overcome then the other wheezes are claiming to be homosexual then ditching their faith to become Christians. Then failing that the wokerati move in swiftly followed by the human rights lawyers and still we have sarky bitches on here saying "I thought we'd took back control"
You just show yourself up to be brain dead if you think that's the case.

So, what happens then?

The situation is the lack or preparation to check ethnicity, if that is an issue. Many ways to do that, expert translators, dna checks, peer identification.

Blup

If, and I do stress the word if, the facts and figures around the Rwanda plan are to be believed, it's a stupid plan from the outset. In real terms, a relatively small percentage of people would be sent there at very high cost to us. Also, again if to be believed, the rate at which Rwanda can process people would potentially mean another bottleneck their side never mind ours. And there's no guarantee those sent there, if determined enough, wouldn't simply go round in a circle and enter the UK again.

I reckon the Tories are well and truly a busted flush on all of this. If Labour get in come the next GE, it'll be a case of 'ok then, let's see what you can do about it.'

I suspect, perhaps in different ways, their solutions will be no better.

The EU and UNHCR also say Rwanda is a safe country, apparently 2 judge's in the UK disagree!
But England is also a safe country, so why spend hundreds of millions of pounds of tax payers money to ship people off to Africa? It's obviously just another money make scheme. Now the government are claiming it is what the British people want - it's a complete joke.

How many asylum seekers and illegal immigrants do we want to have coming every year?

Current cos is £4+bn.

England is the most densely populated part of the U.K. so maybe we build a facility in a north Scotland island ?

The situation is the lack or preparation to check ethnicity, if that is an issue. Many ways to do that, expert translators, dna checks, peer identification.

Blup

"Asylum, please".

Nothing else.

No papers.

Translators? Not much use if the claimant says nothing.
DNA checks? Gonna give a steer in some cases, but never going to be close to definitive.
Peer identification? If you don't know where the claimant is from, who are you going to ask?

I'm not picking for its own sake; I just don't see how, unless someone is utterly genuine, truthful, worthy, and upfront, it is ever going to be "fast and efficient processing".
The "papers-overboard" claimants are just going to be years' worth of legal wrangling, as far as I can see.

I really don't see this as being a "fast and efficient" situation, unless we just let everyone in, and legitimise them quickly.

But England is also a safe country, so why spend hundreds of millions of pounds of tax payers money to ship people off to Africa? It's obviously just another money make scheme. Now the government are claiming it is what the British people want - it's a complete joke.

It's performative - it suits the Government to pay lip service and not deal with the issue.

1) It keeps public distracted from the real issues in the economy.
2) It lets the Government claim they are being stopped by lawyers and thus need to make changes to the law.
3) It allows them to handout contracts to the same suppliers and network of friends
4) They use it as a political tool to defend there lack of investment and strain on services - it's not our fault its all these illegal immigrants who are putting a strain on services

So it will never be resolved by the Tories - all you will get is headline grabbing policies that will never work but they achieve their purpose of letting the Mottie, filly etc of this world feel comforted.

Sponsored Links
Back