Vaillant Turbomax 282e diaphragm

I was reading a few bits and pieces on other threads/sites, this boiler apparently doesn't have a DHW flow temperature sensor but derives it from the primary flow and return sensors, one poster said the boiler cycled when both of these approached 75C, a new PCB finally cured his problem.
The DHW setting range is apparently 35C to 65C., setting 1 to 9? on your boiler so the recommended setting of 6 should be 50C.
I would suggest opening the hot tap fully, turn the boiler DHW control to minimum, 1 = 35C, measure this flow rate and temperature (if possible or estimate it) if the boiler runs continuously take a photo of the gas meter and say after exctly 120 secs take another photo, a few calcs will then tell something.

Sponsored Links
I was reading a few bits and pieces on other threads/sites, this boiler apparently doesn't have a DHW flow temperature sensor but derives it from the primary flow and return sensors, one poster said the boiler cycled when both of these approached 75C, a new PCB finally cured his problem.
The DHW setting range is apparently 35C to 65C., setting 1 to 9? on your boiler so the recommended setting of 6 should be 50C.
I would suggest opening the hot tap fully, turn the boiler DHW control to minimum, 1 = 35C, measure this flow rate and temperature (if possible or estimate it) if the boiler runs continuously take a photo of the gas meter and say after exctly 120 secs take another photo, a few calcs will then tell something.
Thank you. I will have to leave this for a bit now as I'm on hols but I'll do all that when I get back and @ you. I appreciate the help!

Just returning to this as I said I would and mostly when people say that you just see the end of the thread!

Having swapped out the shower head for one that permits a greater flow, my shower is fine. I've not stress tested it by getting toilets flushed etc, but I'm optimistic. Also slightly peeved that I spent so much time and money on the boiler, which was likely fine.

What flowrate does the boiler show when the shower is running at 8LPM, it showed 6.5LPM with a ~ measured shower flowrate of 5LPM, post #22.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand the question!
I was incorrectly reading that the 6.5LPM at the boiler was actually displayed as a boiler flowrate but obviously not,
This (and sorry earlier person for not trying) has helped. The minimun flow at the boiler is 6.5l/m. In the upstairs shower I was getting about 5l/m with the thermostatic mixer at ful-hot, and the same at full-cold. BUT I tried it with the shower head off and I got the full 12l/m so swapped it with a different head and that's giving me 8l/m so I'm hopeful.
Just returning to this as I said I would and mostly when people say that you just see the end of the thread!
Having swapped out the shower head for one that permits a greater flow, my shower is fine. I've not stress tested it by getting toilets flushed etc, but I'm optimistic. Also slightly peeved that I spent so much time and money on the boiler, which was likely fine.
Yes, I get the cycling. The tap (next to the boiler) is a two lever mixer and I noticed it was putting cold water back pressure on the DHW so I added a check valve to the DHW on the tap.
You have increased the shower flow to 8LPM by installing a different spray head and adding a check valve to the DHW on the tap, if you keep opening this tap slowly then the boiler should (now) fire up at say a minimum of 3 to 3.5LPM, say 3.5LPM, (theoretically, should fire at 2.7LPM) the temperature will then rise to 63.5C with a boiler min output of 11kw and a now mains temp of 18.5C, maybe you should try this but set the DHW control setpoint to max, 65C or index 9 on your boiler?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back