Wales becomes Trumpton

Let's face it, there are more than a few drivers who are either incompetent, arrogant, ignorant or a combo of all three.

I quite regularly drive in a particular 20 zone (housing scheme, narrow streets, vehicles parked everywhere) and at one part there's a bend in the road. So when going round it, due to parked vehicles, your awareness of what's coming the other way is very limited.

There have been more than a few times it's a good job I was going slow at this section of road. Why? Cause of a vehicle coming the other way at quite a speed. Either totally oblivious to the situation and/or not caring. If I'd elected to have the same attitude and been doing the same speed, a nose to nose collision would have been the likely outcome.

As usual, the t w a t s benefit from the better drivers around them. The icing on the cake is it's often them who then give the 'dirty look.'

On the dual carriageway recently, absolutely pelting it down, rain not getting a chance to clear properly from the road surface. Wipers on double speed and still not fast enough. We all know the scenario. However it doesn't stop some from flying along as if it's sunny and dry, even nose to tail. Paying absolutely zero attention to the conditions.

Sponsored Links
The most dangerous driving I was subjected to today:

40mph road, me driving at 40.

Tw@t in black Mercedes estate pulls out from strawberry farm driveway on left, when I was no more than twenty yards from him.
I brake enough to not hit him and, thinking he'll probably boot it away, settle back.
Tw@t however, doesn't accelerate, but just pootles at c. 25.

Opens up to a 50 stretch.
Tw@t manages 30, but slows - in the 50 stretch - as he passes each roadside speed camera.

At roundabout, three lanes on approach.
A38 south - M6 toll - A5 West - A38 north.
I go into middle, as I need A5 west.

Tw@t goes into righthand lane.

I accelerate away and look in my mirror.

Tw@t, rather than carry on round towards A38 north, appears to realise he's three lanes too far right from where he needs to be, so veers hard-left into the M6 toll (looking like he hit, or almost hit, what looked like a black beemer in the process).

All done at twenty or more mph below the posted speed limit (y)

And to add (although I couldn't absolutely swear to this being one and the same), some friends, who were about twenty minutes behind me, said that a black Tesla was broken down / crashed on that roundabout when they came through, causing a bit of a delay there.......

Then it isn't being enforced. That doesn't make a 20 limit wrong per say.
That doesn't matter to MBK. His theory is that some people will rapidly slow down, prior to hitting a pedestrian, so that justifies going at whatever speed he and others want to. Whilst at the same time, completely ignoring the RSPA report that says 20mph zones work and reduce deaths, casualties and accidents. Perhaps he has trouble reading or summat.

Sponsored Links
The most dangerous driving I was subjected to today:

40mph road, me driving at 40.

Tw@t in black Mercedes estate pulls out from strawberry farm driveway on left, when I was no more than twenty yards from him.
I brake enough to not hit him and, thinking he'll probably boot it away, settle back.
Tw@t however, doesn't accelerate, but just pootles at c. 25.

Opens up to a 50 stretch.
Tw@t manages 30, but slows - in the 50 stretch - as he passes each roadside speed camera.

At roundabout, three lanes on approach.
A38 south - M6 toll - A5 West - A38 north.
I go into middle, as I need A5 west.

Tw@t goes into righthand lane.

I accelerate away and look in my mirror.

Tw@t, rather than carry on round towards A38 north, appears to realise he's three lanes too far right from where he needs to be, so veers hard-left into the M6 toll (looking like he hit, or almost hit, what looked like a black beemer in the process).

All done at twenty or more mph below the posted speed limit (y)

And to add (although I couldn't absolutely swear to this being one and the same), some friends, who were about twenty minutes behind me, said that a black Tesla was broken down / crashed on that roundabout when they came through, causing a bit of a delay there.......
Old, drunk, foreign or combo of.

Do any of you ever experience the wonder of seeing what I refer to as the 'mono speed' driver? You can go from a 20 to a 30 to a 40 to a 50 to a 60 and they'll trundle along infront of you at a steady 32mph through the lot!

I find a lot of drivers trundle along at 40 in a 50 or 60, then when they get to a 30, they put their foot down. I guess they are familiar with the area?

I find a lot of drivers trundle along at 40 in a 50 or 60,
I'm a dodderer. I tend to hover around the speed limit. I can let my speed wander if I'm distracted by say a difficult job, whereby I'm on my way to the builders merchants to pick up various pipe couplings, to repair the water main we've just broken, on a house that homes four infant kids and two adults. I tend to snap back to speed check mode when I see speed signs etc.

Then there are people that constantly have their foot down - [unts.

Last edited:
Do any of you ever experience the wonder of seeing what I refer to as the 'mono speed' driver? You can go from a 20 to a 30 to a 40 to a 50 to a 60 and they'll trundle along infront of you at a steady 32mph through the lot!

Often.
mostly old blokes.and it's 40, whether it's a 60, or a 30......

On reading the last few pages I'm not sure if some people are or aren't in favour of 20 zones. Surely we'd all support them in areas such as housing schemes that tend to have narrower streets, lots of vehicles parked often on both sides and pedestrians that can sometimes appear from nowhere?
correct

It's not really about in favour or not of 20 zones overall. In some places they are a really good idea, but not everywhere

Its mbk trying to prove something that is wrong without any facts and arguing 20 is pointless
nonsense

On reading the last few pages I'm not sure if some people are or aren't in favour of 20 zones. Surely we'd all support them in areas such as housing schemes that tend to have narrower streets, lots of vehicles parked often on both sides and pedestrians that can sometimes appear from nowhere?
Not especially no. They design these new streets to be winding, narrow and slow.

Sponsored Links
Back