Well, that went well didn’t it?

Sponsored Links
"Davison's partner, Jake Wray, is awaiting sentence after admitting the same offence after he stopped cars at a junction to ask drivers if they were "white" or "English". He will be sentenced next week"
Typical RWR yob. Deserves all he gets.

The truth is, that perp's found guilty for exactly the same crime, contrary to the same act, blah blah blah, can be sentenced to the maximum, the minimum or 10 million places in between, according to how the judge views their culpability.
Correct.

Sponsored Links
So, is that discretion?
LOL The aspect that I find amusing about this particular conversation is that sentencing is a judges decision. The guidelines are one thing but sentencing is still the judges decision. The guides just seem to indicate a maximum plus discount for pleading guilty. The discount - because it reduces court costs. Less time in jail also reduces costs. There can be other discounts.

BBC have broken down the reasons for Huw Edwards' sentence. An example of factors that may be considered

At some point in the future we may hear what the actual time spent in prison turns out to be for riot related charges. Yet another factor,

Last edited:
LOL The aspect that I find amusing about this particular conversation is that sentencing is a judges decision. The guidelines are one thing but sentencing is still the judges decision. The guides just seem to indicate a maximum plus discount for pleading guilty. The discount - because it reduces court costs. Less time in jail also reduces costs. There can be other discounts.

BBC have broken down the reasons for Huw Edwards' sentence. An example of factors that may be considered

At some point in the future we may hear what the actual time spent in prison turns out to be for riot related charges. Yet another factor,
The guidelines are quite detailed which is why I invited noseall to read them. Judges do not have discretion to hand out whatever they feel. That is why we have guidelines which further constrain sentencing. He appears to have a better understanding now having finally read them a little more thoroughly.

For example a judge cannot give a suspended sentence as a lower version of a custodial sentence if the threshold for custody has not been reached.

The guidelines are quite detailed which is why I invited noseall to read them. Judges do not have discretion to hand out whatever they feel. That is why we have guidelines which further constrain sentencing. He appears to have a better understanding now having finally read them a little more thoroughly.

For example a judge cannot give a suspended sentence as a lower version of a custodial sentence if the threshold for custody has not been reached.
Why do you insist on repeating irrelevant waffle?
The guidelines offer a broad brush. One crim could be sentenced to a couple of weeks whilst another a couple of years - for the same offence - depending how the judge sees it.
As we educated you pages ago.
So everyone guilty of say a s18 offence receives exactly the same punishment? Or is that down to the discretion of the Judge?
I wonder if MBK slaps his head in realisation.

Here we go. 100 pages of noseall telling us he was right all along. After he’s been educated.

Give it up boyo. Your post above is nonsense.

“One crim could be sentenced to a couple of weeks whilst another a couple of years - for the same offence - depending how the judge sees it.”

Hilarious :LOL:

I thought you understood but it appears you don’t. The only thing I was wrong about was believing you now understood how it works.

Here we go. 100 pages of noseall telling us he was right all along. After he’s been educated.

Give it up boyo. Your post above is nonsense.

“One crim could be sentenced to a couple of weeks whilst another a couple of years - for the same offence - depending how the judge sees it.”

Hilarious :LOL:

I thought you understood but it appears you don’t. The only thing I was wrong about was believing you now understood how it works.
Irony alert.

You've been exposed. You should go quiet for a while. Or just dig a bigger hole of course.

Sausages

Free the Sausages

1727205335378.png

Sponsored Links
Back