What are you having for breakfast?

Sponsored Links
Too late for pictures.
Now very much into defrosted berries, formerly known as frozen berries.
Mixed with apple this morning. Then toped with Kefir manuka honey
Mixed seeds
Hemp
Flax seeds.

I've got a Sourdough course coming up a week Saturday. Looking forward to this.

Was it fresh mate? ;)
The tomatoes and mushrooms had all been in my fridge since Thursday and the egg and bacon from the previous Thursday so all still within their use-by dates. It wouldn’t have tasted any better if I’d eaten those items on the day I bought them. ;)

Sponsored Links
Too late for pictures.
Now very much into defrosted berries, formerly known as frozen berries.
Mixed with apple this morning. Then toped with Kefir manuka honey
Mixed seeds
Hemp
Flax seeds.
Snap! (Almost).
Overnight jumbo oats
Defrosted berries
Yoghurt
Mixed milled seeds
Honey

IMG_6078.jpeg

Porridge, whole milk.
Apricots, prunes, sultanas, and a chopped banana mixed in, with a dash of honey.

And a gallon of Yorkshire Tea (y)

Do you soak the oats in the yogurt?
No. Don’t think they would get much moisture out of the yogurt. I soaked them in milk overnight and added all the extras this morning. After my lunch every day, I have some yoghurt and into that, I mix some oats and honey. A nice dessert. (y)

No. Don’t think they would get much moisture out of the yogurt. I soaked them in milk overnight and added all the extras this morning. After my lunch every day, I have some yoghurt and into that, I mix some oats and honey. A nice dessert. (y)

That's how I have done it. However I soak in water then wash the starch off before I cook. Do you not cook them?

That's how I have done it. However I soak in water then wash the starch off before I cook. Do you not cook them?
Nope. Never cooked my oats. Even if I’m just having porridge for breakfast, I have them cold. Mrs Mottie thinks I’m wierd. I have oats in my kitchen at work and sometimes if I’m feeling a bit peckish, I have a quarter of a cup of oats, fill the cup with milk and microwave it for a minute. You get a nice filling, oaty drink. That’s the only time I have then cooked.

Nope. Never cooked my oats. Even if I’m just having porridge for breakfast, I have them cold. Mrs Mottie thinks I’m wierd. I have oats in my kitchen at work and sometimes if I’m feeling a bit peckish, I have a quarter of a cup of oats, fill the cup with milk and microwave it for a minute. You get a nice filling, oaty drink. That’s the only time I have then cooked.
Very healthy are oates. I'll look into getting them more into my diet as they have gone by the wayside.

Sponsored Links
Back