What are you watching on TV right now?

The Euros; Tour de France and Wimbledon: verily, my teacup overflows with the bounty of a Summer of Sport. For light entertainment between the games, i'm watching 'Monk' on N.flix. It's meant to be a cop show, although the plots are pretty straightforward, the show is really about a man with OCD dealing with the grief of losing his wife in a case he cannot solve. A dark corner of his mind that may reveal a shocking truth he's trying to deny, perhaps. The jazzy guitar theme had me hooked and best of all, an episode with Willie Nelson who stood accused of murder. The end scene where Monk plays clarinet along with Nelson's guitar beside his wife's grave was so moving it made you care about what happens next. Just finished season one...seven to go.

Sponsored Links
I've just watched a BBC video tribute to Andy Murray at Wimbledon. The backing track to the video was Creep by Radiohead. That seems utterly bizarre to me. Maybe I don't understand what the song is about!

The Spy who loved me. Caroline Munro was one of my favourite Bond baddie girls. I remember her from the Lambs Navy Rum adverts.

IMG_2022.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Fun Fact#007 - the underwater lair in the film was designed by Roger Dean; same guy who was responsible for those fantastic Yes album covers in the 70s. Also designed and built a 'hobbit' home among hillsides, near Brighton, i think. He proposed a series of buildings, including 860 apartments, with shops and a nursery school, entertainment and exhibition facilities to be completed in two phases, costing £35 million but the board of Brighton Marina never recieved them. Sommeone probably fainted over the costs but an interesting scheme was dismissed out of hand in 1980. The buildings were designed on the principle of 'Functionalism' and he concieved a method of using sprayed concrete called 'gunnite' on fibreglass moulds, a bit like the fantastical stage sets he designed for Yes concerts. A brilliant designer and one of my favourite artists.

The open. Our daughter and her husband (a mad keen golfer) are up there watching it. I’ve seen him twice already in the background stretching his neck to get a good view when someones been teeing off.

Last edited:
Mr Bigstuff. I don’t usually like Danny Dyer but he plays a good part in this comedy.

Recorded 'The Burnt Orange Heresy' a fortnight ago and got round to it last night: well worth the wait, just for Mick Jagger as an art collector* and Donald Sutherland as a reclusive artist. An art critic is called to Jagger's palatial lakefront pile which looks to be beside Lake Como, in order to coax Sutherland into one last picture and...well, spoiler alert, so i'll just say the twist is excellent.

*and no, he did not Paint it Black:giggle:

Just finished watching the Hungarian Grand Prix. A great 1 - 2 for McLaren but Lando is not a happy bunny. He's got a right cob on about the team orders. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back