What have you been doing today?

Taking care of my lovely wife after she was rushed to hospital early this morning.
Hey, my best to you both.

Ive had dealings with ambulance crews quite a few times this year and I have to say without exception they are brilliant. They are really friendly and helpful and they deal very well with the admin side -they call the doctors, the hospital wards etc etc to resolve things.

Sponsored Links
Today I’ve been harvesting my garlic crop. Should keep me going for a while. :D

86B1B703-032A-4C07-8B5E-4C74BFD39B1C.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Do you eat the scapes ?
I had to look that up, thanks. No, never heard of them until now but now I know, I’ll give it a go. Funnily enough, I have an old flowerpot over the allotment full of 'scapes' - I cut them off so that no energy was going into making seeds and I was going to have a go at drying and planting those seeds. Thanks for the heads up - every day is a learning day!

I had to look that up, thanks. No, never heard of them until now but now I know, I’ll give it a go. Funnily enough, I have an old flowerpot over the allotment full of 'scapes' - I cut them off so that no energy was going into making seeds and I was going to have a go at drying and planting those seeds. Thanks for the heads up - every day is a learning day!
I only found out recently. I popped some cloves in around December in a pot, think I may have put them in too deep, but they grew, and some have the scapes on, some don't. Thought it was some sort of growth till I googled it. The cloves I planted were in the fridge, so must have been 2 types, hard and soft neck.May lay off watering for a few days then pull them up. Got about 101 pepper plants as well, saved the seeds and planted them, trying to find pots to put them in and somewhere to put them, got some in the ground, but they're not doing much (bell peppers).

I only found out recently. I popped some cloves in around December in a pot, think I may have put them in too deep, but they grew, and some have the scapes on, some don't. Thought it was some sort of growth till I googled it. The cloves I planted were in the fridge, so must have been 2 types, hard and soft neck.May lay off watering for a few days then pull them up. Got about 101 pepper plants as well, saved the seeds and planted them, trying to find pots to put them in and somewhere to put them, got some in the ground, but they're not doing much (bell peppers).

Hmm, may not go too well, supermarket garlic isn't really suitable for planting as it is often infected with a virus (harmless to humans I should say)

see here. https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-your-own/vegetables/garlic

Taking care of my lovely wife after she was rushed to hospital early this morning.
conny

I'm sorry that when I made my posts, I completely missed yours.

Wishing her a full and speedy recovery.

There are several conditions that disrupt balance and cause dizziness and/ or nausea along with disorientation. If you have them, it is absolutely horrible.

IME, our paramedics are top-notch and deserve more for what they do.

Hmm, may not go too well, supermarket garlic isn't really suitable for planting as it is often infected with a virus (harmless to humans I should say)

see here. https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-your-own/vegetables/garlic
I did read that, they seem to be growing well (above ground anyway) and as there are only 6 plants in a largish pot, any disease should not be passed on.It was really done as an experiment, the same as my bell pepper plants.May pull the garlic in a few days, nothing to lose.

conny

I'm sorry that when I made my posts, I completely missed yours.

Wishing her a full and speedy recovery.

There are several conditions that disrupt balance and cause dizziness and/ or nausea along with disorientation. If you have them, it is absolutely horrible.

IME, our paramedics are top-notch and deserve more for what they do.

No problem SS. She's doing as she is told, (most of the time!), and it seems to be lessening if she is careful how she turns her head. Just takes patience.
Yes the paramedics are brilliant. When my step daughter was rushed into hospital at 30 weeks pregnant they actually saved both hers and the baby's life. She was staying at ours for a few days as she wasn't feeling too good. She collapsed on our kitchen floor so we sent for an ambulance which arrived within 10 minutes. Quickly checked her over, stabilised her and rushed her to hospital where there was a full obstetrics/gynaecology team waiting at the doors for her. Paramedic told them he was going straight to maternity because she had full blown eclampsia and need urgent attention, not triage. His actions helped save them both. A week or so later they knocked on our door to see how mother and baby were doing. They left with half a dozen bottles of beer, a homemade cake and 2 pots of homemade jam. LOL

Well, I've just had my third corona haircut by Mrs Mottie. I told her to be brutal and **** me, was she! Shortest it’s been for years. Scissor cut, dog thinning scissors to thin it out and for the hairs on my neck, she said she had something special to do those with - she used her bikini trimmer! As she explained, she said I can be a bit of a 'foof' sometimes so she might as well treat me like one. Charming! :rolleyes:

Worked in Rochdale.
Walking through the town centre, I noted that the local males have a certain "style"....

Think blind tramp, dressing in the dark.
On "wash day".
:ROFLMAO::eek:

Sponsored Links
Back