What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
My sympathies to her. Hope she feels better soon.

I have vertigo attacks (BPPV), and that disorientated feeling is awful. (Most days it's barely there - very low level. I notice that it's harder to keep a straight line on the bike & I can't sleep flat without getting dizzy. A slight halo when I look at stuff, wobbly when I get up and sit/lie down. That kind of thing. Severe level is puking, not being able to walk without holding on and constant spinning.)

The Epley manoeuvre clears it up a bit, but it's difficult to do by yourself.

Sorry to hear this. It's frightening to see so god knows how frightening it must be to experience, especially the first time.
Whats BPPV and the Epley manoeuvre? If you don't mind me asking.

Sorry, just looked up the Epley and because of the cage in her neck there is no way she could do that.

@conny, hope she makes a speedy recovery.. and enjoy the novelty of being in charge for once, lol.
My dad in law has similar to labyrinthitis. Has medication for it for whenever he needs it but when he gets an 'attack' of it, it tends to hit him quick - then he can't keep anything down. Medication's pretty useless when being sick non-stop.

Sponsored Links
I'd like to buy a few of the cars I have previously owned.

An 87 Maestro VdP, a 90 Montego DLX Estate, an 88 19RD hatch and a 78 Alfasud 1300 Super.

A strange mix, but there you are.

An 87 Maestro VdP, a 90 Montego DLX Estate, an 88 19RD hatch and a 78 Alfasud 1300 Super.

I would imagine if they have not been through the crusher they will all be rust buckets by now.

I had a Maestro van, 2 litre diesel, loved that van, could keep up with anything. It fell to bits with rust.

Monty was a 2L Perkins, cracking lump.

The Monty ended up donating its engine (ran to 180K and would have gone on and on, but for the Leyland bodywork!) to a barge. Tax due Oct 2002. H424 LOX

The Alfa got crashed by the next owner. (My Grandad's pride and joy :( ). Tax due Apr 1990. TGL 478S

Maestro Did 100+. Tax due Jun 1997. D363 RBA

BX got written off by a mental driver who didn't give way. :( It was revived by new owner. Tax due Sep 2001. F599 OVH

Would love to own an R5 Turbo2 again.

An absolute insane machine!

Monty was a 2L Perkins, cracking lump.

The Monty ended up donating its engine (ran to 180K and would have gone on and on, but for the Leyland bodywork!) to a barge. Tax due Oct 2002. H424 LOX

The Alfa got crashed by the next owner. (My Grandad's pride and joy :( ). Tax due Apr 1990. TGL 478S

Maestro Did 100+. Tax due Jun 1997. D363 RBA

BX got written off by a mental driver who didn't give way. :( It was revived by new owner. Tax due Sep 2001. F599 OVH
thats what my maestro van had in it, good motor, think it had a 100k on when I bought it (it was clocked) I put another 160 K on it (260,000) and it was the body work that finished it off.

I used to just welly it everywhere, that engine took some abuse (and with a 100k in its first 18 month at a motor factors I doubt it had had 1 careful owner)

Used to average 45 to the gallon and engine had no repairs whatsoever in the time I had it, I wonder if many modern diesel could do that driven in the same manner. The Direct Injection was noisy but super efficient and super reliable..

I wouldn't like any of the cars I’ve had nowdays. Like girlfriends, you move on to better things. Maybe I wouldn’t mind one more go in a couple of 'em for old times sake though - the cars I mean! :LOL::LOL: I have fond memories of my first legal car though - a beige Austin 1100 as it was the first car I had sex in. I might have been on my own at the time......

thats what my maestro van had in it, good motor, think it had a 100k on when I bought it (it was clocked) I put another 160 K on it (260,000) and it was the body work that finished it off.

I used to just welly it everywhere, that engine took some abuse (and with a 100k in its first 18 month at a motor factors I doubt it had had 1 careful owner)

Used to average 45 to the gallon and engine had no repairs whatsoever in the time I had it, I wonder if many modern diesel could do that driven in the same manner. The Direct Injection was noisy but super efficient and super reliable..
If I remember my old Maestro diesel van, they didn't have power steering.

Sponsored Links
Back