What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
The chain stayed in a complete loop but slipped out of the travel groove in the bar.
Yes, it could so easily have been very much worse and I have certainly learnt a lesson from it. I don't believe I will be so fortunate next time, even with my PPE.
So I now have a notice pinned above where I store it telling me to check the tension every 20 minutes.

Spent a couple of hours re-setting over 120 wall clocks. Still have about 30 to mount on the wall and fit batteries.

Sponsored Links
Went up to my workshop and fitted some new rear discs and pads to our car. Still had some meat left on them but not much. The discs were a bit discoloured too as it had been sitting about for the best part of lockdown. I fitted some Mintex coated discs so the bits that don’t get touched won’t rust.

CD5C03A9-1DAA-401D-9C44-69953F6156F1.jpeg
44B5F6BE-574E-45A3-9F91-0C5A18224F2F.jpeg

I've have a plan.... I have a strip of land at the side of my garden thst I'm going to acquire from the council by stealth.
I'll plant these bushes
20210329_183803.jpg
I bought today to make a natural fence. No one will notice.. [

Well I had to give up my hedge cutting today. Forgot to check the chain tension and 10 minutes later it popped off the bar and kinked.
No way was it going back in the bar so a new one has been ordered. That could have been a very serious way to learn a lesson.

You are so lucky! My dad used to scare the living daylights out of me with the way he used to run the chain on his C/saw. How he never had one jump off the blade I'll never know.
I'd tension the chain and he'd slacken it off.

1st jab today (Pfizer), as my wife's carer, no dramas all very efficient, no ill effects so far, next one booked for 8 weeks time.:)
I don't suppose you happen to know how frequently they're distributing the Pfizer jab do you? Do you get a choice or is do you get whichever is available at the time? Good news you've got yours though!

I've have a plan.... I have a strip of land at the side of my garden thst I'm going to acquire from the council by stealth.
I'll plant these bushes View attachment 228627 I bought today to make a natural fence. No one will notice.. [

if no one tells u get off the land
Or gives you permission to be on it

in 10 years you will own it via adverse possession

I recommend you get the "best" jab.

The "best" jab is the one you're offered today.

Not accepting the one you're offered is a foolish move.

if no one tells u get off the land
Or gives you permission to be on it

in 10 years you will own it via adverse possession

Wrong.

rules have changed.

see Land Registration Act 2002

As far as I know you don’t get a choice. You get what they have on the day but I’m assuming the second jab must be planned as you need to get the same jab.

Sponsored Links
Back