What have you been doing today?

I already have a Senior Bus Pass, but a couple of weeks ago, I heard there was a Disabled Bus Pass. The only advantage beyond a Senior Pass is, a companion can travel with you free. A Blue Badge ownership, means automatic granting, otherwise you have to prove a medical need. Two weeks later, that has been granted, according to an email they sent me, and should be here this weekend.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sitting on the train to Euston.

Meeting, followed by Christmas meal and drinks (y)

75 minutes down, and a few more for the return.
£36.

HS2, anyone?............

Well, the Dyson V10 Cyclone trigger was playing up. Online Googling suggested a cracked trigger. The part is not available from Dyson, you have to buy a whole body, but there are plenty of non OE triggers on Amazon so I ordered one along with the tiny screwdrivers needed in a kit for £7. I have zero patience but there were are some 'how to's' on Youtube. It looked easy so I ordered a kit and thought I’d have a go myself. It came today. I stripped it down, found that it was the trigger, successfully replaced it and it was all going great guns until the very last tiny, tiny, ****ing tiny connector that snaps in place on the circuit board. I ****ed it up and ended up slamming the whole thing onto the kitchen floor! :evil: When I calmed down, I put it back together leaving the tiny connector unconnected. Put the battery on, pressed the trigger and something went 'pop' inside. Oh well, I tried! Going to order a complete body tomorrow. :rolleyes:

View attachment 299364View attachment 299366
Long story short, back in March, I tried to repair my Dyson cordless and due to my impatience I fecked it up so bought a new body. Today I was vacuuming out my fleece pocket (bought a pot of pepper and the top came off in my pocket) and it was stop start, stop start so I thought I’m not having this, got straight on the phone to Dyson and had a rant. They sent me a link to my mobile which allowed the operative to observe the problem. It didn’t do it when I showed them (although I didn’t have the nozzle in my pocket) and made me look a right idiot! Anyway, the operative asked me to hang on, went away to speak to someone, came back and said they would be sending me a new body F.O.C. Didn't even want the old one back and told me to bin it. Say what you like about Dyson but their aftersales/customer care service is second to none.

IMG_5803.jpeg

Last edited:
Between my wife and I we changed the drain hose on the dishwasher. The old one must have been leaking for quite a while but wasn't used much by late FIL. Now we use it on a regular basis the leak had become apparent. Pulled the machine out and put it on rinse cycle to see if we could spot where the leak was. Turned out to be 3 little holes in the waste pipe behind the machine. Probably mice because there was evidence in the cupboard nearby before we moved in.
All sorted now and kitchen back to normal.

Between my wife and I we changed the drain hose on the dishwasher. The old one must have been leaking for quite a while but wasn't used much by late FIL. Now we use it on a regular basis the leak had become apparent. Pulled the machine out and put it on rinse cycle to see if we could spot where the leak was. Turned out to be 3 little holes in the waste pipe behind the machine. Probably mice because there was evidence in the cupboard nearby before we moved in.
All sorted now and kitchen back to normal.
I have a washing machine outside at my workshop for washing overalls in. It’s been outside for 10 years now in all weathers with just a tarp over it. The drain hose turned to plastic and completely disintegrated at least 5 years ago so it just pumps out somewhere under the machine and drains away nowdays.

I have a washing machine outside at my workshop for washing overalls in. It’s been outside for 10 years now in all weathers with just a tarp over it. The drain hose turned to plastic and completely disintegrated at least 5 years ago so it just pumps out somewhere under the machine and drains away nowdays.
Can't really do that in a kitchen though. ;)

Still in France house hunting. Incredible value here, looking for a 2 or 3 bed on an acre. Can get a wreck for £50,000, something up together starts at £100,000.

See why Himmy likes it so much. Though he spouts peace and love to ethnics, away from big cities it's about as diverse as a KKK get together. Bottle of decent wine from supermarket from £2 and Jura cheese flavour Brets crisps are addictive. I'm poss a bit too far south for your Bloomers, but just think, we could almost be neighbours. Drop round for a drop of rouge and a natter. :ROFLMAO:

Good to hear that some people still wear overalls.

Bit of a lost thing tbh which is a shame.

Sponsored Links
Back