What have you been doing today?

Just when I thought I’d retired……I get a call from a mate, the clutch has gone on his transit. I don’t do clutches anymore but as he plastered my kitchen and wouldn’t take anything for doing it, I can’t say no to him, I wouldn’t anyway. He's currently waiting for the AA to pick him up from Harlow and bring him to my workshop so that could be any time from now to six in the morning knowing them. When he's on his way, I’ve got to go up to London and open up the workshop to get it in. Could be a late night.

Sponsored Links
FFS. Should have taken me 25 minutes going into London this time of night. Left home at 6.30, got there just after 8.00. Traffic was terrible but that wasn’t the worse of it. He flattened the battery somehow so it was a non runner and trying to push a fully loaded builders van up a slope and into my workshop with no power steering took us best part of an hour! Ended up collaring three locals to give us a hand. Because of the layout, a long wheelbase van can’t get in in one go. No problem when they are running. We got it in, locked up and I dropped him home. Got in at a quarter past ten. He said no rush so we are taking the box out tomorrow and hopefully putting it all back in on Monday and oh, while it’s there, he says we might as well service it. Cheeky bugger. :ROFLMAO:

FFS. Should have taken me 25 minutes going into London this time of night. Left home at 6.30, got there just after 8.00. Traffic was terrible but that wasn’t the worse of it. He flattened the battery somehow so it was a non runner and trying to push a fully loaded builders van up a slope and into my workshop with no power steering took us best part of an hour! Ended up collaring three locals to give us a hand. Because of the layout, a long wheelbase van can’t get in in one go. No problem when they are running. We got it in, locked up and I dropped him home. Got in at a quarter past ten. He said no rush so we are taking the box out tomorrow and hopefully putting it all back in on Monday and oh, while it’s there, he says we might as well service it. Cheeky bugger. :ROFLMAO:

Well done. (y)

Sponsored Links
Been over to my local aero club, to buy my first few litres of Jet A1, for the diesel heater I installed in my outdoor workshop. I had it running great on white diesel, but white is expensive. I was unable to find any red locally, kero/ heating oil at 60p per litre would have been OK, but the few suppliers I could find, where they had a pump, wanted more than the cost of white diesel per litre, plus the many miles to collect it.

Aero clubs Jet A1, is 94p per litre, so I collected 20L this morning, saving me 41.9p per litre on the cost of white. I had to fill a form in, at the flight desk, and dodge a few whirling props, on route to the bowser, but all good. Since then, I've had it running on test on the jet fuel, and it's indistinguishable from the white and perfectly legal to use for the purpose.
This was the post I was referring to. Why is it wrong?

On my computer, it was showing as "@Harry", not as "@HarryBloomfield"

(Strangely though, and after I had hit Reply", it appeared as HarryBloomfield within your quote)

1729239775050.png

Sponsored Links
Back