Which Fein unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to replace my corded Fein tool, got bored of trying to keep stretching the long cord around the place. I came to the realisation that they now use Bosch Batteries. Since I have a lot of those, I can just get the bare tool.

The questions -

1. Do you go for the AMM 700 over the AMM 500 (cost difference £50)

2. Do you opt for the Black Edition or the STD Orange?

Sponsored Links
The 700 has a greater oscillation angle (2 degrees vs 1.7). SF still sell the corded models but obviously cordless is the way to go.

Did decide that, now just have to device black or orange.

Asked the question also if the black is in the promotion as they have taken it off the website.

Update - just had confirmation the black edition isn't eligible for the promotion - Orange it is!

Sponsored Links
Ended up going for the 700, haven't properly used it yet, but all the Bosch batteries I have work with it, happy with that.

I came to the realisation that they now use Bosch Batteries. Since I have a lot of those, I can just get the bare tool.

The questions -
That's interesting! I can now buy Fein tools and use my bosch batteries?

That's interesting! I can now buy Fein tools and use my bosch batteries?

You can, you have to buy AMPSHARE tools

The battery that I have from my Bosch tools are the older ones which are the standard 4amp and 5amp GBA not the new generation of ProCore. However, they all work.

Cheers
I noticed the last few batteries I got had amp share on the side but I didn't know what it meant.

I have the Fien and the Milwaukee M18 cordless multi tools.

Fien being the more superior.

Odd... one of those Ampshare companies, Steinell is also a member of the One Battery alliance (Metabo, Maffel etc).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back