Winter Fuel Payment

Sponsored Links
It's likely to work out at £4 per week. I just don't believe that is causing massive issues. The state pension has gone up much more than that recently.

That's £208 p.a. Couple of month's warmth for an OAP.

If eco zealots and crooked politicians didn't keep adding green/net zero costs to everyone's bills, WFA wouldn't be needed by poor pensioners. WFA was probably introduced to offset these extortionate green taxes.

Sponsored Links
Think again - The high heating bills, just appear in the 3 or 4 months of the depth of winter, and it was intended to help remove the worry of those exceptionally high bills of winter. Which means that you can safely multiply the £4 per week, by 3 or 4 - £12 to £16 per week, taken away, when it is most needed.

Also consider, that many pensioners do suffer much more in the cold, and have limited ability to move about to keep warm, indeed some are confined to a chair, or a bed.
And every energy company will help spread payments for those that struggle over winter

It would be great to keep paying it out to all pensioners .

What would you prefer to cut out instead?

Benefits that others get maybe ?

What really shocked me, was the speed with which Labour jumped on this so quick, once in power.
It was just 25 days. They clearly had planned this all along but kept it hidden from the public otherwise they would on not won the election. All the time they attacked the Cons for freezing pensioners. Never Ever trust Labour.
Starmer 14th Aug 2022
stamure.JPG

Rachel Reeves Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer Conference Speech Sep 26, 2022

Last April, on a cold spring evening, I knocked on the door of a pensioner in my constituency. When I reached out to shake her hand, it was purple and freezing cold. Already back then, she was afraid to put the heating on, struggling to get by on the small pension that she had built up through a lifetime of work.

Then this
racture.JPG

They clearly didn't. They wouldn't have made such a big thing about Tory plans if they did.

But, in the end, it is just an opinion.
So that's further examples of how untrustworthy and hypocritical Labour are then.
Lets see them go after single people living on their own next which will be a double whammy for the pensioners. And then having a go at inheritance tax so that when the pensioner freezes to death labour can grab that money as well.

So that's further examples of how untrustworthy and hypocritical Labour are then.
Lets see them go after single people living on their own next which will be a double whammy for the pensioners. And then having a go at inheritance tax so that when the pensioner freezes to death labour can grab that money as well.
If Conservatives hadn’t flogged everything to private companies, destroyed public services and damaged our economy due to brexit, there would be any need to raise taxes.

Sponsored Links
Back