Yes, I'm A Sad Git

Visibility wasn't my point though.

My point was that DRLs appear to be lulling the inattentive driver into thinking that they actually have their lights on (i.e. both fronts and rears)..
Which, at night and with no rear lighting on at all, is definitely a problem for other road users.
Is it just DRL's though? What about automatic switching of (head)lights on & off? Or cars where the headlights are enabled via the ignition switch so people never bother to switch them off when parked up.

Sponsored Links
Is it just DRL's though? What about automatic switching of (head)lights on & off? Or cars where the headlights are enabled via the ignition switch so people never bother to switch them off when parked up.
Having inadvertently killed a battery by failing to switch off headlights when parking up after driving in daylight, but having used headlights due to poor visibility, I'm not sure I agree with the latter part of your post.

As for the former, our last car had auto headlight control, but we never selected that facility on the switch.

But your lights - front and rear - will be on, when it gets darker.
Which is good for other road users

Sponsored Links
Having inadvertently killed a battery by failing to switch off headlights when parking up after driving in daylight, but having used headlights due to poor visibility, I'm not sure I agree with the latter part of your post

Having to regularly pass a school at chucking our time the number of cars parked on the Left side of the road facing oncoming traffic with headlights on cause the poorly dressed school mums keeping the car engine running so they don't get cold (in winter) or to hot (in summer). Sometimes they sit there with engine running for nearly a hour so their  brats kids don't catch cold walking from school building to the car.

Back