You tell him, Rishi.

To be fair, its the politician condition to agree an agenda and then brief the press that we are going to ask for something awkward.

Every time we talk to china its human rights and Taiwan.. Sometimes you need to talk, build a relationship and then ask the tougher questions.

In this case it was the Greek PM behaving badly. The Agenda was agreed, and then he went public about the ask. So the meeting has been cancelled.
Childish then if we can't have an adult discussion over them, rather than just cancelling a meeting

Sponsored Links
To be fair, its the politician condition to agree an agenda and then brief the press that we are going to ask for something awkward.

Every time we talk to china its human rights and Taiwan.. Sometimes you need to talk, build a relationship and then ask the tougher questions.

In this case it was the Greek PM behaving badly. The Agenda was agreed, and then he went public about the ask. So the meeting has been cancelled.

Elgin marbles is an hot issue in Greece, he had to ask for domestic support

There was no need to cancel the meeting - all Sunak had to do was say the UK govt hasn't changed its mind and then go onto important matters of the day.

It wasn't politically very clever of Sunak, it's a massive diplomatic failure.

Personally I don't give a monkeys about the Elgin marbles it's far more important to Greece, what difference would it make to us if we handed them back

Childish then if we can't have an adult discussion over them, rather than just cancelling a meeting
The Greek prime minister was over here and clearly top of his agenda was a meeting with the UK prime minister.

It's a massive slight.

The Greek prime minister was over here and clearly top of his agenda was a meeting with the UK prime minister….
…about the marbles. There’s much more important stuff going on right now that needs discussing which is why Rishi, quite rightly, told him to do one.,

Sponsored Links
They could always purchase them.

He says its not about ownership, he just wants them in his museum purpose built to house them.

I'm just off to purpose build a garage to house a lambo and then I'm off to Audi to ask them to give me one. of course I accept they retain ownership.

They could always purchase them.

He says its not about ownership, he just wants them in his museum purpose built to house them.

I'm just off to purpose build a garage to house a lambo and then I'm off to Audi to ask them to give me one. of course I accept they retain ownership.
You used to be happy with a 4 series. You've changed ....

The rate of stomach ulcers is 80% higher amongst brexit supporters.

You can tell by the non stop whining and the red complexion :ROFLMAO:
Could you point out some of these so-called "Brexit whining" posts on here by Brexit supporters? The majority of non-stop Brexit whining posts I see on here are those by you, Ellal, noseall, Galahad and JohnD who try to shoehorn it into every post. All the Brexit supporters on here are quite happy with it.
I’ll take that as a no then.

Greek sources are saying the PM met with Labour Leader, Sir wishy-washy who agreed to give them back to Greece on loan. Good Dog. So I am guessing the tax payer will be compensating the Museum who legally acquired them?

He does like to roll over and have his tummy tickled.

"Starmer, who met Mitsotakis while he was in London on Monday, said he had no problem in stating Britain’s official policy on the Parthenon Marbles."

He does like to please everyone, doesn't he.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back