Zion and the Art of Armageddon

The US has announced sanctions against three more Israeli settlers and - for the first time - two farming outposts, as part of new measures by Washington and London to stop the violent displacement of Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.

The UN says violence by Israeli settlers included physical attacks and death threats, and that the number of Palestinians displaced from their homes last year doubled to 1,539 - with more than 80% of them leaving after 7 October.

The Israeli police commander responsible for investigating complaints in the West Bank told Mr Sukkot's* parliamentary committee this week that half the complaints filed about settler violence there were false, and that they originated from "radical left-wing organisations in Tel Aviv".

BBCnews.co.uk

*Zvi Sukkot of the ultranationalist Religious Zionism party - a settler himself.

Sponsored Links
Strange one when Saudi decided ti have a war with them. From memory. The media got hold of the use of western weapons there and the results. Suddenly a group labelled terrorists by the US had the label removed. This group as a single event then used a missile to set fire to a Saudi oil well. Silence then until rather recently.

Your entire post - fact is most similar countries have "issues" that could be seen as worthy of a UN resolution down to aspects that do have an effect on their population. Turkey may be the most moderate.

Iran - well it had a revolution. Reason, run by a bloke who liked to spend loads on western war toys and also what might be described as being colonial except the colonial aspects relate to globalisation.

Israeli settlers
The latest OK'd settlers is now 3,400 according to US sources. Total on the books from an early report from an Israeli lady is ~8,000. The gov is speeding up the OK's.

Sponsored Links
IDF are adamant JohnD's mates were responsible. I know who I believe.
Bit of a problem. Israel has said similar before and have been found to be incorrect.

HAMAS proposal - before gov discussions which are due shortly - Unrealistic.

I know who I believe.
From your link
Palestinians inspect the site of an Israeli strike on an aid warehouse, amid the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, in Al-Nuseirat refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip March 14, 2024. (credit: REUTERS/AHMED ZAKOT)

The IDF always deny responsibility initially. Always. Their first response is worthless.

The boat's just come in, best thing the IDF can do is steer well clear so when hundreds are killed, they're not in the frame.

The boat's just come in, best thing the IDF can do is steer well clear so when hundreds are killed, they're not in the frame.
That would be a good thing. Almost as good as allowing humanitarian aid to enter the country in sufficient quantity that children don't have to starve to death.

The Israeli army has already slaughtered more than thirty thousand Palestinians, about half of them children.

They kill families and orphans. The kill surgeons, nurses and ambulancemen. They kill grandmothers carrying white flags.

Why would they draw the line at a few dozen more?

Sponsored Links
Back