Biden has stepped down

Sponsored Links
About time. Won't change the outcome though by looks of it. Trump is a sure bet from what I hear.

An octogenarian who's losing his marbles backs out, leaving the path clear for a near-octogenarian who never had any.
But who's otherwise well-blessed with numerous personality defects.

Tremendous.........

Sponsored Links
Daily Fail running the story on the basis of his staff were blindsided by his resignation lol. Trumpf will probably beat KH, look what she's got going for her: youth, intelligence, decency and is a woman. But she should get in next time unless SCOTUS decides its constitutional for a sitting president to run for a third term.

Daily Fail running the story on the basis of his staff were blindsided by his resignation lol. Trumpf will probably beat KH, look what she's got going for her: youth, intelligence, decency and is a woman. But she should get in next time unless SCOTUS decides its constitutional for a sitting president to run for a third term.
One thing's for sure, she should be better than Biden if the second debate goes head (not a high bar granted) Trump asking for this to be held by Fox News.

Trump's slightly more consolatory manner didn't last long ...

I think Biden has missed an opportunity to really give KH a boost.
He should have resigned as POTUS, allowing KH to take over for the remaining 4 months or so.
It would have raised her profile enormously and given her an opportunity to demonstrate her values.
The incumbent always has a head start.

He should have resigned as POTUS, allowing KH to take over for the remaining 4 months or so.
It would have raised her profile enormously and given her an opportunity to demonstrate her values.
I think, if reports and the consensus are to be believed, he has been pushed rather than jumped. So the approach you propose was likely never considered.

I think, if reports and the consensus are to be believed, he has been pushed rather than jumped. So the approach you propose was likely never considered.
Yes, possibly, but once he'd taken the decision to retreat from the candidacy, and if he wanted to give his support to KH, he could have resigned forthwith to give her a real boost.
Then again, if his reasoning is genuinely deteriorating, may be it was never possible for him to consider it. But I suspect his closest advisers could have proposed it.

In reality, he probably never rated KH. Democrats now having to decide whether to have a potentially messy competition or simply anoint her. Trump's camp saying KH will be easier to defeat than Biden, however the reality might be somewhat different.

Although not a massive amount, Democrat donations jumped up to $15 million on Sunday after the news of Biden stepping down was released.

If she has his confidence, he will step down as president within a few days. I suspect the democrats don't want her stepping in from now until January because it will give Trump some real ammunition.

I think Trump has got this in the bag and the Labour Government might want to be a little less hostile to the idea of working with him.

You mean letting people see how bad she actually is would completely ruin any chance of the Democrats getting back in .

Sponsored Links
Back