Building control firm liquidation

Hi,

We are going through a similar situation with PWC. I tried to speak to the owner of the company and he told me that they can’t offer a certificate because they have gone into liquidation. He said the only solution is to contact the local authority.

Thanks
Ayo: did PWC give you any idea whether they would issue any of their case notes, photos or records?

Sponsored Links
That's not quite true woody
I think it is. Whilst in every job there are instances of one person being more helpful than others, predominantly with private inspectors they are a business not a service and so decisions and assistance are commercial decisions mainly to assist the inspector in doing less or doing it quicker.

In your case, a notice means no plan checking and no record of the specification, which is advantageous for the inspector firm.

The fundamental question for clients is why would a builder recommend a private inspector or even a particular private inspector when the function of inspection should be exactly the same whoever does it?

Sponsored Links
Hi @Marmoot
We are unfortunately in the same situation and found this out also when requesting our final sign off. Two storey extension.

Have you had any further luck?
What names do you have there? Our surveyors were Andre and Kornel.

@ayo_ogunya they issued you their notes, have I understood that correctly? Can you share how you managed this?

Thanks!!

The fundamental question for clients is why would a builder recommend a private inspector or even a particular private inspector when the function of inspection should be exactly the same whoever does it?
Easy ride?

Am in same situation. My inspectors were Andre and Kornel. To be honest found communication with PWC awful throughout the last 7 months and had already discussed with my local council about leaving them. Have had to pay £1500 to local council to get them to take over. Anyone know who the liquidator is?

Am in same situation. My inspectors were Andre and Kornel. To be honest found communication with PWC awful throughout the last 7 months and had already discussed with my local council about leaving them. Have had to pay £1500 to local council to get them to take over. Anyone know who the liquidator is?
i havent got a clue but keep in mind as far as i know inland revenue and other taxes have 100% charge[get full amount owed]and employees get due rewards before other creditors so your pence in the pound may not be worth the time and effort spent to make a claim

Last edited:
Hi @Picmicnic sorry to hear this. How has the process with the council gone? What sort of inspection are they doing?

We spoke to ours yesterday but they can’t do anything until get a cancellation notice.

Have local council coming around for first inspection today. I pushed them to do asap as plasterboard and flooring is due to go on tomorrow. I believe it’s the regularisation process they are going through.

Understand they point about limited money back. Would like to at least try though.

Hi @Picmicnic sorry to hear this. How has the process with the council gone? What sort of inspection are they doing?

We spoke to ours yesterday but they can’t do anything until get a cancellation notice.
Could you cancel to get the process speeded up?

I’m not sure. Ours is fully built and it’s final sign off we don’t have. So it’s not urgent in that way but a big worry given everything’s done.

If you've paid them directly with a credit card you can apply for a section 75 refund.
Call your credit card provider to start the process.

Hija.

We are in the same boot unfortunately. Got the notice of cancellation and called Leeds City Council. They heard about it but didn't know yet how to proceed or what to charge. Waiting for the call-back.
We are just missing the final inspection as all work is done. Another building nightmare

Hija.

We are in the same boot unfortunately. Got the notice of cancellation and called Leeds City Council. They heard about it but didn't know yet how to proceed or what to charge. Waiting for the call-back.
We are just missing the final inspection as all work is done. Another building nightmare
i suspect mixed metaphores here i think the sayings are "the boots is on the other foot " meaning not the same or i think you mean "in the same boat" as in all in it together or in a similar situation ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back