Building control firm liquidation

Please let me know how you all get on with this situation.
We were waiting for our final inspection certificate from PWC.
I am worried that the LA will ask to dig or remove things when we did the house extension.

Sponsored Links
I suspected PWC were dodgy and in cahoots with local builders as they allowed a serious breach of building regulations on our boundary by a neighbour building an extension that was only prevented after intervention by the council. When first contacted PWC claimed the issue was not covered by building regulations, but the council confirmed that it was.

Had email from liquidators. There is some hope in it at least as suggests a third party may be put in place to help facilitate (for a fee) giving us our documentation. Personally I feel that’s worth paying for as may give us a chance of sign off from
Council without huge disruption (our project is already finished). Interested in other views

Sponsored Links
Had email from liquidators. There is some hope in it at least as suggests a third party may be put in place to help facilitate (for a fee) giving us our documentation. Personally I feel that’s worth paying for as may give us a chance of sign off from
Council without huge disruption (our project is already finished). Interested in other views
They're only after your money.
Most likely they'll stop answering your calls after you've paid them.
Remember, they're shutting down and they owe you, not the other way around.

Wanted to come back and offer hope to others going through this situation.
We have managed to get our extension signed off via the local council. It was fully built already. Fortunately between my husband and our architect we had photos and records of every stage. I didn’t think this would work out so easily so hope it works for everyone else too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back