buying small parcel of Land from the council.

Sponsored Links
How did the pile of rubble get there if access is only through your land?
it is part of a big field behind my house . but there is no physical access. The only physical access is through my house. the pile of rubble believed to be an out building. No one knows in the area how it came to be. it is thought to be before the area was built 1963

So, there is a plot of land that has no access at all by anyone else except from your property on all sides?

..and if true, and you have denied anyone access to the land for a sufficient number of years, whilst making some use of the land your self - Then you have all you need, to stake a claim to it, under 'adverse possession'.

Sponsored Links
So, for clarity it's like this?

foto_no_exif (18).jpg

you still missing the point
The new point is whether this mysterious bit of land that the council won't sell you is actually an inaccessible useless pocket of land surrounded by ransom land.

see attached

Attachments

• buy_Land_1.jpg
    buy_Land_1.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 128
If the council or someone else, in the future develop that land, where you want to put a bungalow is perfect for a new access road.

if they decided to do so, can they force me to sell my land to them for access?
They can, but if they sell you that little piece of land for little money, it would make it harder to sell the larger plot or at least devalue it, probably by a lot more than they would recieve from you

What is the local planning policy for building a domestic property on 12x10m land?

That would be the very first question before even enquiring.

And that's prime access land, not building land, and would get a better return from a sale to owners of the "Club" or the other land it leads to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back