close call,boiler caught fire!

Agile as usual making no sense.
1 .What is complicated about a multipoint it is far more reliable than any modern combi.
2 What sort of rip of merchant would charge £1000 to fit something that costs around £300 and could be done in around 2 hours and as for the local guy saying it would be upto £1200 he is living in cloud cuckoo land

Well said namsag. Replace many Multipoints, mostly in houses with Warm Air and the most ive ever charged is £485

Sponsored Links
1 .What is complicated about a multipoint it is far more reliable than any modern combi.
2 What sort of rip of merchant would charge £1000 to fit something that costs around £300 and could be done in around 2 hours and as for the local guy saying it would be upto £1200 he is living in cloud cuckoo land

namsag are you saying a replacement boiler should cost no more than £300 plus 2-3 hours labour?

i managed to get the original quote of £1200 down to £950 but in the end still didnt go through with it.

Well said namsag. Replace many Multipoints, mostly in houses with Warm Air and the most ive ever charged is £485

oops sorry missed this post, so i should be looking at no more than £500-600.

oops sorry missed this post, so i should be looking at no more than £500-600.

Yes but these are prices on an internet forum placed by engineers you will never meet and who won't install your water heater.

The price you will pay will be the one quoted by the real engineer who actually turns up and will install the water heater.

And by the way, since I won't be doing the job either, I wouldn't charge more than £350 to supply and fit :)

Sponsored Links
Would depend whether it is a like for like swap and retaining the flue, as in a Main/Baxi water heater, or a complete new one, bricking up old flue and fitting new flue.

If the latter I would charge approx £300-£400 plus the water heater and plus VAT.

2 minute search Main multipoint fits onto existing flue £327 INC .
So 4 nuts and a seal, 3 pipes Which are more or less match on all of them if not its minimal alteration.
Materials no more than a tenner.
So if you want £100 an hour its still less than £550 so Guy who wanted £950 wants around £300 an hour get feking real

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back