Congratulations sir kier

Then quit and get a job you like.

Just coz a tnuc moves the goalposts, or is inept enough to be unable to manage their dept or company such that their staff feel they have no alternative but to withdraw their labour..........

.......sounds like it is the tnuc who should be quitting, as they are the problem (y)

Sponsored Links
The answer to NINBY's seems to be that national interests are far more important, This includes more onshore windmills.
There's an element of truth in this. We seem to do a lot of debating in the UK, with proposals being considered by this group, that group and the other group. x years later a decision is reached, often appearing to be the 'do little/nothing' option.

When it comes to any sort of change, those individuals and/or groups who feel adversely affected by said change will, understandably, be against it. Most of us are like this and it's fully understandable.

There are usually winners and losers when it comes to changes like slapping up 500 new homes or huge windmills. However to progress, we need these changes, otherwise we stand still.

Then quit and get a job you like.
That easy eh. Spend a large chunk of your life and financial expense training to be a professional and throw it all in because the pay and conditions are rubbish. Perhaps these people (collectively) feel they can convince those that wield the power, to make things better for them. Better than throwing away tens of thousands of £££££ on training and years of sweat and toil, just to quit and get a different job.

What makes you think they dislike the job, in any case?

Sponsored Links
Same as the Tory ones? Did you ask questions about those failures?
Did the Tories have mandatory figures for house building? I can’t recall that. Who did they mandate to build them? Private companies? Local councils? Noseall?

Reeves just made a speech. They are going to get them. Initial step but there is more.
Reintroduce house building targets that have to be met.
It could turn into a free for all.
The answer to NINBY's seems to be that national interests are far more important,
Tell that to the brexxers
This includes more onshore windmills.
Rural locations, what goes around comes around
The general idea is to speed up planning. If it stalls it seems Labour's attack dog moves in. Already at work. Houses - job availability will figure on where.

She points out that tough changes have just caused plans to be dropped or take years. No more of that.
The building industry has a finite number of skilled workers, will labor bring in east european workers
NINBY's - C4 asked about an unused WWII airfield in Surrey, LOL They might find it gets built on anyway but other factors figure.
We might need it for pootin
Times asked about the Farage idea in QE and interest. No change just like the Tory. Those gave 2 reasons. Guilts selling at a loss and also bank etc finally being competitive on what they will offer on cash ISA's and people now moving them around.

Far rage thinks Liz Trussed had the right idea but went about the wrong way
Awkward sod's questions. When will the public feel the effects of growth? Answer if they hit 2% an extra £58b appears. They can only try and boost growth. The main aim there is stability to achieve investments. We haven't had that for a long time.
Borrowing and issuing gilts may create inflation. But I remember a few toreys around the time of brexhit, saying inflation wasn't a bad thing

Manifesto pledge.

You'd need to ask Rishi that, Tories had 14 years of failure, you've given Labour 4 days.
I’m not knocking Labour at all. The Tories had a 'target'. That want met. Labour has said that they will make it mandatory. All I’m asking is how are they going to do that? It’s not like setting a mandatory speed limit or making it mandatory that people pay tax. If people don’t abide by these mandatory rules, they are fined. Who are labour going to fine if the mandatory number of houses aren’t built?

I’m not knocking Labour at all. The Tories had a 'target'. That want met. Labour has said that they will make it mandatory. All I’m asking is how are they going to do that? It’s not like setting a mandatory speed limit or making it mandatory that people pay tax. If people don’t abide by these mandatory rules, they are fined. Who are labour going to fine if the mandatory number of houses aren’t built?
Its going to very difficult, insufficient planners to identify the sites, insufficient workers to build the houses, plenty of scope for legal challenges by parish and district councils and housebuilders who are not happy with what is being imposed on them.

Sponsored Links
Back