Congratulations sir kier

So that make it wrong. Its supports her position or did you miss that bit?

ALEX BRUMMER: Reeves is right to target house building - but I fear that she underestimates the wrecking power of Nimbys and green activists​

Sponsored Links
All I’m asking is how are they going to do that?
As yet, I've no idea. Each council has to build an average 1000 homes per year? That would more than cover it.

Gosh! Where did you find that story? Let me guess....
The article appears to support a Labour initiative. Are you saying that the 'Wail' is now a Labour rag? I thought you always said it was a Tory one?

Sponsored Links
For council tenants?
No, I wasn't very clear there. Councils build say 250 per annum and make sure they release/identify 750 plots for new build, per annum (on average). The Labour pledge is less than the Tory one, which I don't remember anyone doubting at the time.

The Labour pledge is less than the Tory one, which I don't remember anyone doubting at the time.

But the Toy party are no longer in power. Labour have made commitments, and they will be held to account for them but a bit longer than 4 days.

We seem to do a lot of debating in the UK, with proposals being considered by this group, that group and the other group. x years later a decision is reached, often appearing to be the 'do little/nothing' option.
That's what it's all about. Building houses will always have implications but that need not rule it out. We need them,

Surrey don't build on our WWII airfield was interviewed. She used the usual arguments but having walked on these airfields elsewhere I'd say hang on. The interviewer tells her she is a Not In My Backyard person. She looked a bit surprised. He then said your kids need to be able to buy houses. She says they couldn't afford them here.

The building industry has a finite number of skilled workers, will labor bring in east european workers
Their aim appears to be to train people we need. Initially they have identified 3 areas where they intend to get building going that are stalled.

No, I wasn't very clear there. Councils build say 250 per annum and make sure they release/identify 750 plots for new build, per annum (on average). The Labour pledge is less than the Tory one, which I don't remember anyone doubting at the time.
So if nobody builds on the released/identified remaining 750 MANDATORY plots, do the council get fined?

When ever ideas crop up there will always be detractors. Fact is that over a period of time we will find out. Planning approvals are at an all time low.

I think builders are a problem

In fact I would go further than that. It pays them to build in more expensive areas and more expensive properties. Detail are likely to be around on the web.
Although lack of labour is often cited by housebuilders as a reason for consented sites not being built out, I've always suspected it is at least partly driven by profit, particularly in a rising market where demand is high

There has been talk about sugar in soft drinks for years. Sounds like something will be done about it.
There was a sugar tax introduced a few years ago. But this will only force more and more artificial sweeteners into food.

They are just as bad or even worse for the body.

Read Chris Van Tulleken's book "Ultra Processed People"

Basically, anything on a food label that you don't find in your kitchen at home is most probably an Ultra Processed Food and is bad for you.

Even things that sound harmless like vegetable oil can be highly processed and treated.

Not only are UPFs bad for you, but you crave more of the bad food.

Get hold of it if you can. It's a really good read

the shock of seeing she was covered in scars from head to toe obviously caused by the cowboy on his 'off' days.
So you looked between her legs and said, "What happened there?"

She replied, "That's where the cowboy hit me with an axe."

And you said, "Cor! Right in the ctnu!"

Sponsored Links
Back