Congratulations sir kier

But some like you, want others to pay more so that you can benefit from their hard work.
Tax rates for individuals
This tax rate varies depending on the local authority and ranges, roughly, from 29 to 35 per cent. Sweden's average local tax rate is around 33 per cent. Earners above a certain income threshold set by the Tax Agency (link in Swedish) pay an additional 20 per cent state tax.

Totally different system but I do think that a more progressive tax system related the breadth of some one's economic shoulders would help but not fix. We have had our dead fixed limits for too long. Even the US is more progressive however Trump used the old ideas and that seems to have messed the economy up. Get back in and he may have even worse problems.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I’d be happy to pay no tax and pay for every single thing I consumed from the state. I’d be significantly better off.

Even by your standards of contrived bollogs to try and prove a point, this takes some beating.

The very reason you're happy to live here in the first place is because people have, for centuries, paid their taxes and laid down the roots, the culture, and the infrastructure upon which we all enjoy our current existence.

For your post to have any validity, would you be happy to go to some barren piece of rock, desert, swamp, plain, or forest, and pay for the services, the sanitation, the utilities, the transport infrastructure..........................................................

............................that's to put it all in place?

Would you be better off?

No wonder you think you'd be better off: because you'd only be paying to use it, while others paid to put it there in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Lots of people say "it would be much better if you taxed me less"

Better for them, maybe. The benefits they claim are illusory.

Taxes are the ticket you pay to live in a civilised nation.
Actually, as much as paying less tax appeals my present thought I'd rather see 2p added to the present income tax rate and happily pay it without increasing the other taxes (CGT, IT). Even a return to the top rate of 50%.
Maybe to ease the low paid problems a return to the 10p rate for, say, the first £5K over the Tax threshold.

But also reduce or better still stop paying after the second birth, not for the existing families but from April '25.

But some like you, want others to pay more so that you can benefit from their hard work.

I’d be happy to pay no tax and pay for every single thing I consumed from the state. I’d be significantly better off. Would you?
That's not how a civilised society works.

Do you like living in a civilised society?

...or roads, emergency services, schools, blah, blah, blah.
If 99% pay less, than the 1%, then it’s fairly obvious that the 1% are paying more. Otherwise the country would be bankrupt.

Some of us put more in so others can take more out. But let’s not kid ourselves that those who take more out are paying a fair share

Sponsored Links
Back