Congratulations sir kier

I've no idea why Dyson is cutting UK jobs.

But what the forum specialtons who champion less flexible employment rights don't understand, is that the UK is rather uniquely placed to be the global hub of many high earning job functions. We are global leaders in the services industry. Finance, IT, insurance, design, legal etc etc. are all centred in the UK, mostly because we have flexible labour laws and speak the world's business language fluently.

The proposed changes will move the UK from one of the most flexible to the least flexible. The burden will be huge and employers will simply look to hire at the next most attractive location. I don't fancy setting up shop in Mumbai or UAE.

Of course as an individual I would love all the promises in Labours employment plan, what is not to like, but it places us on par with Belgium which for many international firms is a no-hire zone, due to inflexible employment law and day 1 rights.

Sponsored Links
Wealthy company bosses may see a drop in dividends. My heart bleeds, poor luvs.
They wont.. they will restructure, it's easy.. it always has been. There will never ever be international cooperation on tax. No challenger country is going to ignore the temptation of attracting jobs and revenue from its competitor or neighbour. You only have to look at the near instant migration from California to Texas of many companies to see how easy it is.

What will happen is tax receipts will go down and unemployment will go up.

There may be a few more low paid, low contributing jobs, but that wont help the new government with their spending plans.

It wont affect me either. I have the ability to base myself in several locations. I don't spend a lot of time working in the UK anyway.

Sponsored Links
So that just leaves job losses for upcoming UK professionals.. good job, great plan, well done. (y)

PHEW!

Greedy parasites always find a way. (y)
It might come as a surprise to you and your ilk but businesses are created to make money for the owners. If that means taking full advantage of any tax rules, so be it.

Tell us all about the extra taxes you pay above and beyond those that you have to pay. Tell us about any tax avoidance rules you refuse to use.

He wouldn't know.. Mrs Noseall is the brains of the business. He doesn't even know the difference between profit and revenue

Tell us all about the extra taxes you pay above and beyond those that you have to pay. Tell us about any tax avoidance rules you refuse to use.
I'll ask the missus when she's awake.

What's the wevva like in the Sarf East? I'm heading to Surrey shortly. :mrgreen:

You'll like it. its overcast, muggy with a little drizzle.. will remind you of home.

The convenience of recognising queues at the border. Typical biased world view.
They're there when you want them, and they're not when you don't want them. :rolleyes:
Welcome back. Had a nice break? Let’s see how long you’re here this time. Do you think making your first post DIY related threw anyone off the scent? lol. Not when you steamed straight in to the GD and have basically set up camp there. No change. Busted. Again.

I've no idea why Dyson is cutting UK jobs.

But what the forum specialtons who champion less flexible employment rights don't understand, is that the UK is rather uniquely placed to be the global hub of many high earning job functions. We are global leaders in the services industry. Finance, IT, insurance, design, legal etc etc. are all centred in the UK, mostly because we have flexible labour laws and speak the world's business language fluently.

The proposed changes will move the UK from one of the most flexible to the least flexible. The burden will be huge and employers will simply look to hire at the next most attractive location. I don't fancy setting up shop in Mumbai or UAE.

Of course as an individual I would love all the promises in Labours employment plan, what is not to like, but it places us on par with Belgium which for many international firms is a no-hire zone, due to inflexible employment law and day 1 rights.

You do post some crap.

It's about far more than the ability for people like you to wing it: stable and secure country, generally unlikely to be a victim of crime or, for high-rollers like yourself, extortion or kidnap: government support, in the form of the regulations that were written to benefit the industry first and foremost: world-leading universities; perhaps most of all, history and kudos.

What will happen, will be that the dinosaurs will become extinct, and decent talent will still be attracted to companies that provide a better working environment for their staff.

Using Texas and California as an example of business mobility?
If they were sooo willing to take their ball and run, why didn't they sod off to UAE?
Same will apply to UK.

Finally, from your link:

We do not yet have the details of exactly what the new day one unfair dismissal protection will look like, it does at least seem that an employer will be permitted a probationary period to decide.

Perhaps this is no bad thing, it will help employers to focus their minds on the probation period and put in place a proper process for deciding if the employee is right for the organisation.

But can there be a one-size-fits-all in terms of the length of a probationary period?

It does however seem that once an employee has passed their probation then employers will still be able to dismiss for the same fair reasons: conduct, capability, redundancy, illegality and some other substantial reason.

Sponsored Links
Back