conservatives are

Does it need to be in the Tory manifest to be true?
Judy is making the very reasonable point that just because the Tory leader says, repeatedly, and on record, that they will do something, you can't trust her to be telling the truth.

In the same way, even if something is in the manifesto (like the "no cap on dementia tax" statement), or in the Budget (like NI rises for self-employed) that's not true either.

Yes, Judy, there is certainly a pattern here.

Well said, judy.

Where do you think they will get the mythical £8bn from, then?

Sponsored Links
tories / thatcher did a great deal for many working class

brought home owner ship to many who would never have been able to afford or buy there own home

Everything Labour does, looks good, but has disasterous consequences.

Let me remind you, "everything" according to Wiki

Everything (or every thing), is all that exists; the opposite of nothing, or its complement. It is the totality of things relevant to some subject matter. Without expressed or implied limits, it may refer to anything. The Universe is everything that exists theoretically, though a multiverse may exist according to theoretical cosmology predictions. It may refer to an anthropocentric worldview,[1] or the sum of human experience, history, and the human condition in general.[2] Every object and entity is a part of everything, including all physical bodies and in some cases all abstract objects.

As 1924 was the first Labour government you state that everything they have done has disastrous consequences, so lets hear some disasters

brought home owner ship to many who would never have been able to afford or buy there own home
And now the Tories are going to get that home ownership money into the grasping hands of wealthy care home owners when the elderly are expected to sell their homes in return for care.
Brilliant.

Sponsored Links
And now the Tories are going to get that home ownership money into the grasping hands of wealthy care home owners when the elderly are expected to sell their homes in return for care.
Brilliant.

be that as it may noseall

but my statement is factual & correct . And no I do not have a link

Ideally, I suppose they should but (lack of) supply and (excess of) demand and mortgage restrictions are pricing them out.
Sorry, I mean corporate. my English still poor after all these years.

For the low income people, I think it is hard for them to come up with a big deposit. So ideally rent and try to move into a better job first.

I really don't believe labour's economical policy, as the more you tax a company, the more you pushing the business out. You could insist British steel for British projects, but how about software and other high paid uk jobs?

When you say it is the modern way(i.e. move job to India and automation), I really don't agree on that, as the more job moving away, the more burden everyone here will feel. There needs a way to balance it.

Trump got elected because of the people who didn't benefit from the concept "design in US, made in China". Trump may be wrong for 99.99999%, but his strong stance on protecting American jobs, that is actually the thing I like.

Labour aren't against the self emplyed at all, but they have an idealogcial hatred and antipathy against the supposed rich, and feel that their wealth should be redistibuted to those on a lower income. And in truth, that's the only way they can get people to vote for them. Unfortunately, continual attacks on the supposed rich, ros small companies or anyone that has any money they can get their hands on, is considered fair game, but all that does is stifle growth, and encourage those on low incomes to stay there. 30 years ago, people would have done 3 jobs if necessary to earn ebnough; now, there are an ever increasing number of people suffering disabilities that oddly enough, stop them from working. The recent welfare cuts managed to get 80,000 people off benefits, but still leaves 3.1m on them, and as I know loads of people that are proffesional malingerers, I can talk with some authority. In America, it's actually disabled people that asses others for disability staus, and they'll happily deny it saying If I can work, then so can you.

The Labour party shouldn't really exist nowadays, as there are no children being sent up chimmnys nor mill owners keeping their workers in pennury.
The converse for the Conservatives.

You are quite entitled to hold that view but I am puzzled as to why people get so worked up about the Labour Party.
If too few vote for them, then they won't get in. If they get a majority, then that's how it works.

The Conservatives shouldn't really exist nowadays because the aristocracy is an anachronism and should have been abolished long ago.
The UKIP shouldn't really exist nowadays because they got their only wish in the referendum.
The Scottish National Party shouldn't really exist nowadays because the people of Scotland voted to remain part of the UK.

That a huge number of people don't really know what they are voting for is really the problem.

There should be a central group that works for the countries growth, and looks at society as a whole on a dispasionate basis, but I doubt I'll ever see that in my lifetime.
Indeed, but that's not how it works.

Thatcher was a loathsome abhorrent old witch.

Mine too.

I don't need one.

be that as it may . but she brought home owner ship & wealth to many (majority) non conservative voters.

and u probably personally know a good few of em . probably even family members (may be );)

Him again ;):):?:

For the low income people, I think it is hard for them to come up with a big deposit.
It is, but the fact remains they would be better off paying a lower mortgage than a high rent.

When you say it is the modern way(i.e. move job to India and automation), I really don't agree on that,
You can't deny it.
I'm not saying it is good but it is the modern way.

Trump got elected because of the people who didn't benefit from the concept "design in US, made in China". Trump may be wrong for 99.99999%, but his strong stance on protecting American jobs, that is actually the thing I like.
Yes. We could make domestic appliances here for example.
They would be more expensive but then it would be economical to repair them leading to more jobs and less waste.

MT was the greatest PM ever.
Who did she trod on? The low lifes on the dole, lazy miners who should have been sacked long before MT's era and those sponging from the state who probably deserved it. She wasn't there to win a popularity contest.
She was there to pull the country back together after labour nearly destroying it.

The poor plebs are out as usual dancing on her grave... bless.

Last edited:
Yes. We could make domestic appliances here for example.
They would be more expensive but then it would be economical to repair them leading to more jobs and less waste.
If UK does that, we can't put high tax rates on local business(big or small).
Instead, it should be a very low tax rate for companies to open business locally and encourage them to hire, then charge a much higher rate to the sellers who sell to UK, but don't bother anything else.

Sponsored Links
Back